Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. Empty
PostSubject: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 6:38 pm

He has been asking for the past 2 years for a compound bow so he can hunt. My son and daughter both did archery in the 4-H club and he is just a natural shooter. 3 Weeks ago I broke down and put out $500+ for a Parker bow and carbon arrows. Told him he better study for the 100 question shooter safety course and if he fails, the bow goes away until he passes the test for his license.

To get your bow license you have to get a group of at least 3 arrows at 20 yards using 5 arrows. After his 3rd shot, the instructor pats him on the back and told him he didn't have to shoot any more. For shotgun, you really just have to show you know proper stance, form and a knowledge of the gun. 3 shots at a clay, you don't have to hit one, just be safe and shoot. He got 1 out of 3. Now I'm worried because he has to take the written test. He gets 96 out of 100. I think cool, free license for a year, venison for free. When we get home he shows me his choice of tree stand, arrow points and which camo pattern he likes. He better get a job, I've spent all my play money! His mother will kill me if I blow more money on firearms and arrows.

I was very proud of him. Sunday I'll take him with me trap shooting, I've been reloading all week so 200 shells won't kill me.

shatto

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 6:45 pm

Good for him.
Remember; your kids are much smarter and capable than you think they are, just as you were at their age.
All they need is help "keeping between the marker buoys."
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 9th 2013, 7:26 pm

This one needs tug boats to keep him in between the buoys.

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 10th 2013, 1:02 am

Congrats to your boy.My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. 4155716442 
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
erude

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 10th 2013, 8:24 am

Congrats to your boy and yourself.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 10th 2013, 11:13 am

Thanks guys.
Evan, I noticed your text late last night, I will get back to you after trap today. I know it was just hello, but it is still nice to keep in touch and find out whats going on.

joemac

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 10th 2013, 2:57 pm

TheQuig wrote:
His mother will kill me if I blow more money on firearms and arrows.
If you can remember or reconcile how many firearms, or how much ammo you have on hand, you don't have enough. That statement went over well with my other. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. EmptyNovember 10th 2013, 7:27 pm

My wife goes crazy when I open my ammo safe to figure out how much I have. When 5.56 was close to $1 a round, I showed her a 50 cal. box and told her I had $1,000 worth in that one box. She couldn't believe I wouldn't sell it. You can never have enough.

PostSubject: Re: My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.   My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today. Empty

Back to top Go down

My son passed his bow and shotgun hunting license today.
Page 1 of 1