Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New TV

Go down 
+10
theshyguy
Pick-Up Man
joemac
Yota_fan
bones
Scout
ggbaird
TheQuig
Diseasel
Hilux
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilux

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 15th 2013, 8:33 pm

Picked up a new Samsung 46" smart TV for the bedroom , I may literally never have to leave the bedroom now  it has Netflix and internet browsing and a bunch of other stuff New TV  233199915 
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 15th 2013, 9:27 pm

There's some nice TV features these days. I try to keep our main tv for 10 yrs or so. Maybe a new, higher HD format will be out in the next 3 yrs or so.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 4:16 pm

We are due for a new TV for the family room. I have been thinking of the new Samsung.

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 4:50 pm

I would love to get a bit bigger TV. Maybe 80-ish inches. Bit too pricey for now though. One day.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Scout

Scout

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 11:56 pm

Diseasel wrote:
There's some nice TV features these days. I try to keep our main tv for 10 yrs or so. Maybe a new, higher HD format will be out in the next 3 yrs or so.

Have you seen the 4K resolution TV's. They do look nice but there is almost nothing that is made for them yet. Heck, at least half the things I watch aren't even in 1080. It's gonna be a long time before anyone is broadcasting in 4K. And the price on those TV's is REALLY high. For now its a gadget for people with lots of money that have to have the latest and greatest.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 12:08 am

I'm with you. I never buy the latest televisions. Their just too expensive. Maybe in few years. I'd like a bigger screen for sure. Probably 60+". Samsung makes nice tvs for the money.
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 19th 2013, 10:21 am

I picked up a 70" Vizio LED from Walmart a few months back. It has Wifi and an ethernet port. Has the Netflix, Youtube and all those web apps. Works pretty good. I opted for the lower Hz, I think 120. If I get another one, I would go with the more expensive higher Hz to get the better picture. I simply did not because of the price.
Back to top Go down
Yota_fan

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 2:43 pm

Did you get it locally? Or did you order it online?
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 3:33 pm

Yota_Fan wrote:
Local Walmart.
Back to top Go down
Hilux

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 5:24 pm

Yota_Fan wrote:
I got it at Wal-Mart otherwise known as the hangout Very Happy , picked up a Ruger 10/22 at Bi-Mart today it was cheaper than Wal-Mart confused 
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 5:44 pm

The 10/22 for the money is one of the best 22's out there. They have more accessories than any other 22lr. I just missed a sale at Cabelas, seems they had an ammo can of 2,100 rounds for a good price. 22Lr is still one of the hard ammunition to get these days. I have a decent supply but still shop for ammo every day.

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 5:58 pm

10/22's rule!

I bought mine down at Stuff 'n Things back in the early 90's. It was the best $100 that I have ever spend on a new rifle.. Very Happy 

I don't know how many thousands of rounds that I have put through that rifle. I never get bored of shooting it..

Taylor, Ruger's new BX-25 mags rock. Try them out..
Back to top Go down
Hilux

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 6:03 pm

Yota_Fan wrote:
10/22's rule!

I bought mine down at Stuff 'n Things back in the early 90's. I don't know how many thousands of rounds that I have put through that rifle. I never get bored of shooting it..

I picked up a BX25 with the gun 10 rounds seems to go to fast the gun was $209 , now I need to stalk Wal-Mart for a few bricks of 22 ammo , I dam near bought a 1000 rounds of 556 the other day for $445 I think it was .
Back to top Go down
Yota_fan

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 6:22 pm

The way people are hoarding .22LR, you'd think it was made of precious metals.. lol

Yeah, if you see .22LR ammo on the shelf, that's the time to buy it.

The only ammo that I ever had a problem with is Remington's Golden Bullet. That stuff is garbage.

Stick with brands like Federal, American Eagle, Winchester, or CCI. Wink
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 7:40 pm

Hilux wrote:
it has Netflix and internet browsing and a bunch of other stuff New TV  233199915 
This is the "other stuff" part.  ->  http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/01/technology/security/tv-hack/index.html

Rember to smile for the camera.
Back to top Go down
Yota_fan

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 9:05 pm

Put some scotch tape over the camera. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 10:51 pm

A while back I was looking at internet modems and surprise! The Chinese manufacture many internet modems. You have to wonder if they have the ability to discreetly pull info from our home computers.
Back to top Go down
Hilux

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 21st 2013, 11:32 pm

Yota_Fan wrote:
The way people are hoarding .22LR, you'd think it was made of precious metals.. lol

Yeah, if you see .22LR ammo on the shelf, that's the time to buy it.

The only ammo that I ever had a problem with is Remington's Golden Bullet. That stuff is garbage.

Stick with brands like Federal, American Eagle, Winchester, or CCI. Wink
Bought another tool at Bi-Mart today  knife sharpener made in Ashland Oregon its pretty cool New TV  2602728110  Work Sharp
Back to top Go down
Yota_fan

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 22nd 2013, 4:25 am

Man! You are keeping Bi-Mart in bidness! lol
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptySeptember 22nd 2013, 6:03 pm

Hilux wrote:
Yota_Fan wrote:
10/22's rule!

I bought mine down at Stuff 'n Things back in the early 90's. I don't know how many thousands of rounds that I have put through that rifle. I never get bored of shooting it..

I picked up a BX25 with the gun 10 rounds seems to go to fast the gun was $209 , now I need to stalk Wal-Mart for a few bricks of 22 ammo , I dam near bought a 1000 rounds of 556 the other day for $445 I think it was .

5.56 on this site for $215 for 500 rounds http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/53970.htm
its hit or miss but lately they have more in stock than before.

Pick-Up Man

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 6th 2013, 1:20 am

ggbaird wrote:
I would love to get a bit bigger TV. Maybe 80-ish inches. Bit too pricey for now though. One day.
2 weeks ago at Walmart, they had a new in box, sharp aquos 70" LED TV showing a $999 price tag, with an instant 20% off (it was on the clearance table). For $800, I was thinking that it was a great deal. I thought about it and went back the next day and it was gone. It wasn't meant to be. I would prefer my next TV to be at least an 80" one, so I'm always looking for a good deal on one.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 6th 2013, 9:12 am

Once you get that big why not do a projector instead of a tv? I know they're more expensive but if you already wasting that much on a tv why not make it really nice. Now if I was a millionaire it might be different but a tv just isnt important to me.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 6th 2013, 11:02 am

That's my question where do you put an 80" TV. I need to move into a barn or something.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 6th 2013, 2:24 pm

theshyguy wrote:
Once you get that big why not do a projector instead of a tv? I know they're more expensive but if you already wasting that much on a tv why not make it really nice. Now if I was a millionaire it might be different but a tv just isnt important to me.
I think a TV just gives a much better picture than a projector. Maybe there are better projectors out there than what I've seen, but for me, I'll stick to the TV.

joemac wrote:
That's my question where do you put an 80" TV.  I need to move into a barn or something.
I have plenty of wall space available in my rec room. When I finally get around to getting a TV that big, I'll dedicate the space down there for a home theatre. My current 55" is on the wall in the living room and I couldn't go much bigger there (without a major battle with the missus).
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 6th 2013, 4:21 pm

The last year or so some no-name Korean computer high resolution monitors have been appearing on the market. They're built by second tier Korean manufacturers (like Auria), but they're using Samsung and LG 2560x1440 screens. Incredible color, brightness, and resolution at less than half the price.
Back to top Go down
shatto

shatto

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 8th 2013, 11:27 pm

It is the: HDTV Calibration Wizard by the Monster Cable people. Costs around $30.00.

Use it and, in about fifteen minutes your TV will be properly tuned, something impossible to eyeball.

Or give someone with something similar $300.00 to do the same job.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 8th 2013, 11:36 pm

Many say the Monster Cable folks are snake oil salesmen and checking online the HDTV Calibration Wizard gets much of the same reviews. They say don't waste your money however cheap it is.

Back to top Go down
theshyguy

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 1:15 am

Anybsuggestions on wall mounts for tvs? I need two but I need one to angke down slightly and the other to swivel out. But looking at some of these mounts makes me nervous having an expensive tv hanging from it.
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 6:57 am

theshyguy wrote:
Anybsuggestions on wall mounts for tvs? I need two but I need one to angke down slightly and the other to swivel out. But looking at some of these mounts makes me nervous having an expensive tv hanging from it.
I get my wallmounts from monoprice.com
Back to top Go down
bones

bones

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  EmptyOctober 9th 2013, 6:58 am

shatto wrote:
It is the: HDTV Calibration Wizard by the Monster Cable people. Costs around $30.00.

Use it and, in about fifteen minutes your TV will be properly tuned, something impossible to eyeball.

Or give someone with something similar $300.00 to do the same job.
If it is impossible to eyeball, why would one tune it to begin with, if you can't see the difference?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TV    New TV  Empty

Back to top Go down

New TV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: