Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tundra Cummins?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Tundra Cummins? Empty
PostSubject: Tundra Cummins?   Tundra Cummins? EmptySeptember 3rd 2013, 5:36 pm

Quote :
Toyota is eyeing a play from Nissan's product book and may also offer a Cummins turbocharged diesel engine in its Tundra pickup truck line.

Earlier this month, Nissan announced it would offer a turbocharged Cummins V8 diesel engine in its redesigned 2015 Nissan Titan pickup. It is an effort by the Japanese automaker to attract new buyers by boosting the fuel economy and power of its full-size pickup.

"I think Cummins would bring instant name recognition and obviously they are a leader in diesel engine technology," Toyota's Rick LoFaso told Edmunds. "That is not the first time we would have a tie up with somebody else," citing working relationships with Tesla and BMW.

LoFaso is the corporate manager for light trucks at Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.

Toyota is looking at two powertrains to boost the fuel economy of its full-size Tundra pickup.

"The diesel engine is something that is on our evaluation list," LoFaso said during an interview at a press event here. "Hybrid technology is something that is on our evaluation list. Either one of those alternatives could deliver some pretty good real world fuel economy."

No timetable was given as to when a decision would be made.
Source: Edmunds.com
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

Tundra Cummins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tundra Cummins?   Tundra Cummins? EmptySeptember 3rd 2013, 7:51 pm

That'd be good. Probably a ways off if they haven't already started evaluating it. Hopefully Cummins has been periodically updating that circa 2008 5.0L v8 diesel engine.
Back to top Go down
Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla

Tundra Cummins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tundra Cummins?   Tundra Cummins? EmptySeptember 9th 2013, 10:42 am

ity was a false report

no cummins in a tundra.

they own hino and would probably go that route if any. I doubt anything will happen, they have to update the 350 first

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 , 33" Cooper ST Maxx on RW Wheels (sold)
Back to top Go down
erude

Tundra Cummins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tundra Cummins?   Tundra Cummins? EmptySeptember 9th 2013, 2:12 pm

What he said, Toyota owns Hino. What I don't understand is Nissan had(has) a medium duty truck line with reliable diesels why not just go within their own ranks and make something work.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Tundra Cummins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tundra Cummins?   Tundra Cummins? EmptySeptember 11th 2013, 2:51 pm

Perhaps Nissan is hoping the Cummins name will help sales in North America. I still think the way they are going about things are strange. The diesel they chose for a half ton seems a bit big for the segment. And if they try to use it to get into the HD segment it seems too small. So to me the displacement they chose is an odd choice. But I am glad they are gonna have the offering. More choice = better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tundra Cummins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tundra Cummins?   Tundra Cummins? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tundra Cummins?
Page 1 of 1