Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel

Go down 
+2
Diseasel
ggbaird
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

'15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel Empty
PostSubject: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptyAugust 28th 2013, 2:00 pm

Quote :
Along with a new spy video of the Chevrolet Colorado, courtesy of KGP Photography, we came to learn via an Autonews report that both GM trucks will be offered with a diesel engine option about a year after their fall 2014 market launch.

Three different sources familiar with GM's plans told the news agency that the Colorado and Canyon will get a version of the Detroit carmaker's 2.5-liter or 2.8-liter, four-cylinder Duramax turbodiesels, both of which are offered on the Chevrolet truck and its SUV sibling in overseas markets, in addition to the regular petrol lineup.

Source: CarScoops.com
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptyAugust 28th 2013, 3:17 pm

Looks good. Hope it hits the low to mid 30's hwy. Fall 2015 would seem to say it's gonna be a 2016 option.
Back to top Go down
ToxicSludge

ToxicSludge

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptySeptember 14th 2013, 12:07 am

Both my wife and I want a new pickup,but neither of us want a full size.The new Colorado with a diesel fits the bill in size and engine choices.If the diesel option won't be offered until my2015,that means we'll be able to order exactly what we want around this time next year,or there a bouts.It's about time we started getting some small efficient diesels in our country...'15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel 212439348 
Back to top Go down
Oldchevyman2

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 3:26 pm

Well i guess i will have to wait until the Diesel is offered. A lot of people were hoping for a Diesel option at introduction. I hope it does not hurt sales.Sad 
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 4:09 pm

I think Mid 30's may be low-balling a bit. In a truck that size (empty on the highway) high 30's low 40's can, or at least should be a benchmark. If you are getting a small truck with the intention of working it hard you of course wont seen that kind of MPG. But then again, if intentions are to work the truck that hard all the time, would a bigger truck not make more sense?

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 4:18 pm

Low 40's would be pushing it. A lower profile 2013 TDI with a smaller displacement 2.0L gets 30/42mpg city/hwy.
Back to top Go down
ToxicSludge

ToxicSludge

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptySeptember 18th 2013, 6:31 pm

I'll be buying the Colorado 4x4/Z71 so would be real happy getting around 28mpg hwy.More then that would be icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptyOctober 7th 2013, 7:33 am

Diseasel is that your real world experience or EPA ratings.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel EmptyOctober 7th 2013, 10:50 am

That's EPA but you can back it up at the TDIclub. Late model TDIs aren't like the oldies. Part of the problem is the new TDIs are bigger, heavier, larger engine displacement, emissions, and crept up the hp/tq over time.

I think we're all optimistic about these new diesels but they seem to disappoint and we rationalize the added tow/haul functionality. I was hoping the new EcoDiesel would be at least 30mpg but recent reports say 28mpg hwy. It's still a nice bump up from the 6 cyl Pentastar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel   '15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel Empty

Back to top Go down

'15 Colorado/Canyon to Get Diesel
Page 1 of 1