Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03 Empty
PostSubject: Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03   Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03 EmptyAugust 11th 2013, 11:29 am

Notice: #13E03

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: DELIVERY HOLD - Emission Recall 13E03
Certain 2013 Model Year F-150 Vehicles Equipped with a 3.5L GTDI Engine
Reprogram the Powertrain Control Module

AFFECTED VEHICLES
Certain 2013 model year F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L GTDI engine built at Dearborn and
Kansas City Assembly Plants from April 2, 2013 through June 5, 2013.

REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL
In all of the affected vehicles, the Downstream Catalyst Monitor Sensor (DCMS) Onboard Diagnostics
test does not complete. While the DCMS test is running and not completing, the engine air-fuel
control may remain biased rich, which has a negative impact on emissions and fuel economy.

SERVICE ACTION
Before delivering any of the vehicles involved in this recall, dealers are to reprogram the Powertrain
Control Module (PCM) to the latest level using IDS release 85.02 or higher. This service must be
performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed by September 20, 2013. Dealers should repair any affected
vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03   Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03 EmptyAugust 11th 2013, 11:34 am

Lucky me.  :/ Had mine reprogrammed by the dealer on Thursday.  Have noticed a moderate bump in mileage.  Previous I was averaging 14.5 MPG.  Post the reprogram, in the limited driving I've done, there's a conservative improvement of 2 to 3 MPG.
Back to top Go down

Recall and or Field Service Action # 13E03
Page 1 of 1