HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Old Guys Rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

PostSubject: Old Guys Rule   August 7th 2013, 4:06 pm

Old guys rule today when it comes to jobs. College grads are struggling. Of course they need money with all that college tuition debt. And they can't declare bankruptcy. It's difficult to feel good for the next generation.

- 52% of college grads are in jobs not requiring a college degree.
- they have high job dissatisfaction.
- some college grades are earning 30% less than college grads of 2000.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/job-market-faces-problem-hitting-one-unlucky-group-155045271.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys Rule   August 7th 2013, 9:44 pm

but but but... our economy has recovered. We've been told that endlessly over the past three plus years. GDP is up, inflation is in check, economy is adding jobs...ignore lower corrections on previous month numbers to boost current reported month.

We might have a chance if some manufacturing comes back. Also some of the energy innovation might hold promise if the government can keep its hands out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys Rule   August 8th 2013, 2:16 pm

College is highly overrated in my opinion. It has become what you automatically do after high school so you can get away from your parents, spend borrowed money and party. 4 year degrees are taking peopke 5-7 years and they still know next to nothing. Trade schools and experience is still to me the big bang for your buck and what matters.

My wife keepss telling me working at the wireless call center is beneath me. While I woukd like to do something different I have goid job satisfaction, make pretty good money and excellent job security. She keeps wanting me to get a job at Texas Tech University but Im hobestly worried about job security and I would most certainly make less money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys Rule   

Back to top Go down

Old Guys Rule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1