HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sync v. UConnect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rustbucket

PostSubject: Sync v. UConnect   July 19th 2013, 4:56 pm

Hope to replace the truck and DW's car over the next two years. How well do these systems work (hands free calling mostly) and are they worth the extra cost?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pup

PostSubject: Re: Sync v. UConnect   July 19th 2013, 6:09 pm

They work fine, they come with most packages these days. Not really an extra cost involved.

They even read the text messages back to you. Far, far safer than fumbling around with a phone.

Nice clear calls over the auto's speakers, no problems with people on the other end hearing me either.

I wouldn't have a vehicle these days without that option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemac

PostSubject: Re: Sync v. UConnect   July 20th 2013, 1:41 pm

We have Sync and MyFordTouch in both of ours.  It's pretty good for the most part, no complaints currently.  Takes some time getting used to with anything new.  I can't emphasize this enough.  It takes time.  Learning the voice command structure by memory simply takes time.  But once your used to it and don't have to stop at each sub menu to listen to available commands, it becomes much more user friendly and quick to navigate via voice.  The screen with MyFordTouch systems gives you an alternative to the voice commands along with some physical controls for common things, volume, climate system, etc.

Had many quirks with my wife's system, system would lock up from time to time.  Performed a couple software updates,  APIM module quit.  The screen was inoperative, just blank screen.  They replaced the APIM module.  Ford now warranties the APIM module for five years unlimited mileage.  I'm relatively certain the APIM module is part of the MyFordTouch equipped vehicles only thus not part of Sync.

So after going through the software update process to 3.5.1 everything seems stable and works without issue as one would expect from day one.

The unit in my truck has been flawless so far, it also has the same software 3.5.1 that my wife's was upgraded to.

One other minor thing.  Sometimes the phone could bluetooth connect on key on, sometimes it wouldn't.  This has happened to both her's and my vehicles.

I think we've figured this out finally as instead of each key on sequence and downloading your phone book contacts each time, simply sync them once, then turn the auto download of contacts at key on disabled.  I was noticing it was taking forever for the phone to be made available to the system with a key on event.  Thus now it becomes available in 5 to 7 seconds.

Course if you ever add new contacts you'll need to go back in and manually download them, turn auto download contacts on, sync contacts, then disable the auto download contacts.  Not a major deal.

Hands free calling works good as long as you know the names of your contacts and don't have multiple entries for the same person.  Smile

Overall the system is a nice to have and consolidates a number of conveniences into a learn-able package that is pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Sync v. UConnect   July 21st 2013, 11:38 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sync v. UConnect   

Back to top Go down

Sync v. UConnect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top