Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ford Wins the Title

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

Ford Wins the Title Empty
PostSubject: Ford Wins the Title   Ford Wins the Title EmptyJune 30th 2013, 9:17 pm

Ford has the most dusty OEM brake pads of any manufacturer.  These things dust more than most of my performance oriented pads on performance cars.  Seriously contemplating changing the pads.  The Hawk ceramics I had on the G8 were minimal with dusting.  The Wagoner ThermoQuiet ceramics I put on the Denali produced no notable dust.  Heck the OEM GM pads didn't produce any noticeable dust.

Last edited by joemac on June 30th 2013, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ford Wins the Title   Ford Wins the Title EmptyJune 30th 2013, 9:23 pm

Excessive dust, the beginning of the end.............Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ford Wins the Title   Ford Wins the Title EmptyJune 30th 2013, 10:23 pm

Would you rather replace pads or rotors. Mine are fairly dusty, changed pads 3 times with 260,000 miles. One rotor is original, never been turned. I screwed up the other. Aren't GM rotors known to wear quickly?
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Ford Wins the Title   Ford Wins the Title EmptyJune 30th 2013, 10:38 pm

Terrorist brake pads. Smile Must spend trillions of dollars to combat the trumped up issue. Smile

Likely to replace pads, just difficult to pull apart and start replacing parts on a truck with 1300 miles. But the choice is mine cause it bugs the crap out of me. Spend 3 hours cleaning it top to bottom, drive a hundred miles and the front wheels have crap all over them. It's not like I took it on the autobahn.

My GM's were all good. The '02 Silverado had 123k and still on original pads and rotors. The Denali had 67k on when it needed pads. The G8 OEM rotors were known to warp, mine did. Replaced those and the pads at 12k. Yet never had pads this dusty on anything I've owned.

Guess I knew it was coming as for years I've seen Ford trucks and SUV's driven around that aren't well detailed and maintained with brake dust turning the front wheels especially into a much darker shade of color compared to the back wheels.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Ford Wins the Title   Ford Wins the Title EmptyJuly 1st 2013, 6:53 pm

On my 2002 Chevy 2500, The rotors were shot at the same time the pads were on the rear. The fronts only had to have the pads changed out once in 120K miles. I changed them at 70K but they could have made it another 20K.

PostSubject: Re: Ford Wins the Title   Ford Wins the Title Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford Wins the Title
Page 1 of 1