Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I must be going crazy......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

I must be going crazy...... Empty
PostSubject: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 3rd 2022, 12:33 pm

I agreed to go on a two day trip with my high schools seniors. We're going to a water park in Pennsylvania. There are only 20 students in the school so it shouldn't be too crazy. The school is ALPS, Academy of Law and Public Safety and I know everyone of them since they were freshmen. My wife was asked if she wanted to be the female chaperon, but she wanted no part of it.
Two days pay, free lodging and a $150 stipend for the overnight part. What could go wrong, lol ?

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 5th 2022, 12:40 am

It could get crazy. On the bright side they will have some good memories. Smile

I'd be nervous if the school made me sign waivers to chaperone twenty 17 year olds.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 5th 2022, 11:00 am

No waiver. The Principal wanted to go, but the students wanted me instead.
I have wanted to go to this indoor water park (Wolf's Lodge) but it was always too expensive to go to in the winter months.

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 6th 2022, 8:05 pm

We did a Wolfs Lodge here in Texas, over in Grapevine years ago. It was really fun!
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 7th 2022, 10:24 am

We're planning to one of those this summer. Nice way to cool off and avoid the sweltering summer sun.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 7th 2022, 9:03 pm

I'm at the resort now. Middle of the week so it's pretty empty. Luckily, the water park is indoors as it has Been raining all day.
Going to do a bed check at 11:00 to make sure everything is okay.

pup likes this post

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 9th 2022, 12:10 pm

They run you crazy yet?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 9th 2022, 3:00 pm

Actually the kids weren't too bad. My concern is that one of the students might have covid. He got up yesterday with a killer headache and congested. He got sick on the bus on the way home and we are still waiting to hear from his parents. He wasn't in school today.

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 9th 2022, 3:19 pm

This is the group we took. Most are 18, so we gave them a lot of freedom to have a good time. Bed check at 10:00. The guys were more interested in watching the Rangers hockey game. Rangers lost.

I must be going crazy...... 20220610

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 9th 2022, 3:48 pm

What did you think about the park?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 9th 2022, 6:52 pm

theshyguy wrote:
What did you think about the park?

I thought it could have been nicer. The tubes for the water slides had a lot of dust on them as if they had never been cleaned since installation. I don't want to say the place was dirty, but once you have visited Disney other places don't seem to be kept in as good of shape. There was an outside water park that wasn't open yet, they open it Fathers Day. Zip line was cool but a little expensive at $25 a run. Food was terrible and expensive. Cheeseburger was $12. My meals were covered by my meal stipend but I keep it down to what I would normally order out and not take advantage.
I'm guessing things get really busy once the snow falls. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
There was enough attractions inside to keep the group busy.

I must be going crazy...... 20220611

Diesel Dan likes this post

Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... EmptyJune 22nd 2022, 7:04 pm

Wow, that is expensive. When we ate there the food was good, nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I must be going crazy......   I must be going crazy...... Empty

Back to top Go down

I must be going crazy......
Page 1 of 1