Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little cold weather camping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

Little cold weather camping Empty
PostSubject: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 17th 2022, 2:07 pm

Spent Friday thru this morning out at Lake Tawakoni, bit east of Dallas. 70 when we got there Friday, front blew in with 35-40 mph winds gusting to 50+mph that night, kept blowing all Saturday and most of Saturday night. Temps never got out of the 30's on Saturday, dropped into the 20's yesterday. Went thru a tank and 3/4ths of propane running the furnace. Me, couple of my brothers and some friends braved out the cold.

Friday when I got there
Little cold weather camping Cw110
Friday evening before the front
Little cold weather camping Cw310
Dogs saying hell no, they ain't going outside.
Little cold weather camping Cw410
Weather was fine this morning for the tow back home. Just under an hour from us. Nice place for a quick weekend trip.

Diesel Dan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 17th 2022, 2:18 pm

I like cold weather camping. When I first bought my trailer I put 30lb. tanks and got rid of the 20's.
One winter while working refueling a nuclear plant in Ohio, my wife and I lived in a 26' travel trailer we bought. We had a large tank put outside the trailer and burned through a lot of propane that winter. At the end of winter, the propane company took away the tank and gave us credit for what was left in it.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 18th 2022, 5:13 am

Our area just dumped on with 6-9" of wet snow.
Move to Tennessee they said, Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 18th 2022, 9:40 am

The snow went to the west of us. We had heavy rain and wind. Getting colder again with a chance of snow on Thursday.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 18th 2022, 11:01 am

70's here again today, another arctic front arriving tomorrow. Texas Rollercoaster. You wake up each morning, look outside to see what season it is today.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 18th 2022, 11:18 am

34 and snow flurries this morning. I would like to see some sun, gray skies seem to be with us most of the winter.

pup

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 18th 2022, 11:21 am

The coming 5-6 weeks is usually our worst winter weather. Dark, rainy, windy, cold, all around shit weather.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping EmptyJanuary 25th 2022, 10:13 pm

It has been crazy weather for sure. But Im enjoying the lower electric bills from not running the ac.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little cold weather camping   Little cold weather camping Empty

Back to top Go down

Little cold weather camping
Page 1 of 1