Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Online US Census Survey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Online US Census Survey Empty
PostSubject: Online US Census Survey   Online US Census Survey EmptyJuly 16th 2021, 8:48 pm

I'm a bit perplexed as I received an US census survey in the mail. I recall the survey was normally completed every 10 years and they just did it before the last major election. So why now?

I started in and realized this survey isn't just tallying origins but instead is all about social data mining. What's your sexual orientation? How much is your home worth if you were to sell it now? How many cars do you own? How many rooms are in your home? # of bathrooms? # of bedrooms? Do you have broadband, fiber, or dial up data connection? Do you have a cellphone? What cellphone internet connection type are you using? How much is your property taxes? How much is your utility bills? Max level of education achieved? ....

I decided there's something more going on with this survey. It sounds like they are gathering data to target the haves and the have nots. I quit the survey. Any bets this online info eventually gets hacked?
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Online US Census Survey   Online US Census Survey EmptyJuly 16th 2021, 9:19 pm

I did a quick search and this is an economic survey required by law. The results are used to determine future public funding policies. Info is used to make sure funding is used appropriately. Failure to do the survey could be a $5000 fine. I didn't see anything about fines for inaccuracy of information.

It's intrusive. Can you dress and bathe self? Deaf? Blind? Emotional conditions? Difficulty concentrating? Divorced? How many times married? When were you married? Ever or currently active duty in armed forced? Are you working or laid off? Name of employer? Business sector? Duties at work? Other sources of income and how much?

It's f'd up and takes a significant amount of time to complete.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Online US Census Survey   Online US Census Survey EmptyJuly 17th 2021, 1:51 pm

They can pound salt! Not going to reply to them. I can see them next asking how many sheets of toilet paper do you use per wipe.

PostSubject: Re: Online US Census Survey   Online US Census Survey Empty

Back to top Go down

Online US Census Survey
Page 1 of 1