Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"New" years wheeling trip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pup

pup

"New" years wheeling trip Empty
PostSubject: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 6th 2021, 1:26 pm

"New" years wheeling trip J110
"New" years wheeling trip J210
"New" years wheeling trip J310
Getting hooked up and loaded for a wheeling trip in Davis OK later this week. Gonna be a bit chilly at night..mid-upper 20's...upper 40's/low 50's in the day.
Have to practice my primitive survival skills since the Dems election coup. Fuel prices will be unaffordable this time next year. Camp while I can...lol
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 6th 2021, 5:24 pm

Have a good trip. Make sure your propane tanks are full and you should be warm enough. Before we married, my wife and I spent the good part of the winter living in a new travel trailer. We were refueling a nuke plant (Perry) in Ohio. We had a gas company put a very large propane tank alongside the trailer. There were 12 RV's at the campground from our company and American gas was fine to come out to fill them up. When we left, they came and took the tank and gave us money back for the propane in it.

Hope the sun stays out so you can enjoy the trip.

pup

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 6th 2021, 7:57 pm

I'm topped off on them...bringing an electric heater too. This camper has the "climate package" on it, so it has some extra insulation.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 6th 2021, 8:02 pm

I hope everyone gets their fun in now before all heck breaks loose for the next 2 years. Smile

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 7th 2021, 10:32 am

My daughter is concerned that her college will get shut down just as she returns. She has to travel around the beltway in D.C. as part of her trip.

Jason, with the climate package you should be good. We also have that and there is heat in some parts of the floor that will stop the tanks from freezing. I like cold weather camping.

pup

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 8th 2021, 10:09 am

"New" years wheeling trip P110
"New" years wheeling trip P310
"New" years wheeling trip P410
Filling the on board tank and testing the pump....pump was leaking like a Democrat to CNN.
Got lucky, local RV dealer had ONE. Replaced it and will be on the way in about an hour.

Laying on your left ear, using 3 fingers on your right hand to remove/replace pump, while contorting around the toilet and shower isn't my idea of fun.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 11th 2021, 4:18 pm

"New" years wheeling trip W210
"New" years wheeling trip W310
"New" years wheeling trip W10
23F on Saturday morning, warmed up to about 45...no wind, sunny day, so it wasn't bad. Decent little trip
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 11th 2021, 4:23 pm

"New" years wheeling trip Cb311
"New" years wheeling trip Cb211
"New" years wheeling trip Cb111
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 11th 2021, 4:26 pm

Made a batch of biscuits and sausage/bacon gravy on Saturday morning..takes just a little while in the little rv oven and stove.

"New" years wheeling trip B110
"New" years wheeling trip B210
"New" years wheeling trip Ron10

One guy that always breaks, broke a tie rod. Flatbedded 150miles back home.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 11th 2021, 9:48 pm

Looks like a good trip. One of my favorite breakfasts. You don't see that often around here. I need a weekend getaway, getting cabin fever just going to school and home everyday.

pup

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 12th 2021, 9:37 am

It was nice getting away...gray water drain valve was almost frozen shut, but it broke loose.

Our annual MensTrip is the week after Valentines Day next month. Be going again then.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 13th 2021, 2:27 am

Looked like fun!
Glad it went well.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip EmptyJanuary 13th 2021, 10:01 am

When we spent the winter in an RV park in Ohio we had to leave all the drain valves open. We found out the hard way the first time I had to drain the black tank. It took a full day, but draino finally heated up the tank enough to let it drain out. We also had to heat tape our water line from the service to the RV. That RV did not have the heated underneath floor.

PostSubject: Re: "New" years wheeling trip   "New" years wheeling trip Empty

Back to top Go down

"New" years wheeling trip
Page 1 of 1