Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shoulder surgery

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 17th 2019, 2:16 am

All went well.
They detached the bicep tendon from the labrum and drilled through the bone and used a titanium anchor. Stopped using the oxy within 48 hrs and OTC pain meds 2 days after that. Now on a 2 lb for 2 month pull restriction but working for full range of motion, PT started 3 days after surgery. 4 incisions, 20 staples and they are being removed Monday.
Shoulder surgery Arm10
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 17th 2019, 10:40 am

So how are you feeling? Still pretty Sore? Good luck in your recovery, glad you were able to get off the Oxy quickly.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 17th 2019, 9:49 pm

Doing good and very little soreness.
Little tough getting a t-shirt on or twisting that arm into a coat but getting easier every day. Little sore laying in bed and can't sleep on that arm yet. I'll take a couple aleve before going to bed, that helps.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 18th 2019, 10:46 am

Glad to see things are progressing. At least the aleve is helping. Last surgery they wanted to give me morphine when I came to and I clearly told them before and after no morphine. They really wanted me to take it. I do worse on oxy and related drugs. Side effects are not worth taking in my case. Hopefully you will be up and about soon.

My brother can finally sleep in a bed instead of a recliner and doesn't have to wear his sling support anymore. He had his surgery in September and the tear was worse than they thought. He was supposed to get his other shoulder done, but seeing how long he was laid up decided to wait until next September to get it done. Sleeping was the hardest for him.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 18th 2019, 11:01 am

I don't do well on perscription painkillers either. I was done with them just a few days after I got home from my bypass surgery, even then, I was only taking half a pill.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 18th 2019, 7:42 pm

I took the oxy every 3-4 hrs for the first 24 then back off fast then just quit. By the end of the 1st day I felt "off" when it kicked in, not bad but not something I cared to duplicate more than needed.

I've been able to sleep in bed for a some time now, still can't sleep on that shoulder yet. Some nights I'll take a couple Tylenol/Aleve before going to bed or after PT but that's about it now. Sling has been gone since 3 days after surgery and I might not have needed it that long. Luckily the shoulder was in good shape before the injury and it was just an anchor tear. Things would be worse if it was torn/ruptured tendons.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 20th 2019, 1:07 am

Sounds like it was a success. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyNovember 21st 2019, 1:43 am

Diseasel wrote:
Sounds like it was a success. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Thanks Shoulder surgery 233199915
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyJanuary 10th 2020, 1:08 pm

Hope everything is back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery EmptyJanuary 11th 2020, 7:07 pm

theshyguy wrote:
Hope everything is back to normal.

Nope, not yet.

Have decent range of motion but not like before. Still going to PT and working on it.
Difficult to reach inside back pocket, luckily not my dominant arm. Finally back to work though.

Basically no weight restriction, as pain allows. Now just a matter of strength training for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoulder surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder surgery   Shoulder surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoulder surgery
Page 1 of 1