Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to Florida for a day.

Go down 
+2
Diesel Dan
TheQuig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Going to Florida for a day. Empty
PostSubject: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 18th 2017, 2:51 pm

My mother-in -law purchased her new car. She is giving my daughter her 2015 Hyundai Sonata with less than 10,000 miles on it. I'm flying down Saturday night on 12/2 will stay Sunday and then drive 2 days to get home starting Monday.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 18th 2017, 3:59 pm

That's really nice she can give her grand kids a gift like that.

Should be a nice trip, then again I don't know what east coast traffic is like.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 18th 2017, 7:18 pm

It was very nice of her to do this. This is the second time she has done this in 2 years. When my wife was young, her mother didn't have a lot of money, now she wants to make it up to her kids. Very generous. I'm not sure which way I will take home, maybe 75 to 85 and finally to I-95. My son decided to come so I just made a reservation for him. It will be nice to have another driver and some company on this trip.
I have driven to Florida 4 times when I was younger, but that was straight down the east coast. This will be the first time I have driven to the west coast of Florida. We have driven from Fort Myers to Orlando and back, so I have driven some of the interstates on the west coast.

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 20th 2017, 1:15 pm

Have a safe trip Rich, I-95 traffic sucks from Richmond north !!!!

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 20th 2017, 8:00 pm

Yea, that's for sure. At one time I used to head out into PA and take another Interstate that met up with I-95 around Richmond IIRC. It's been a long time maybe 25 years before we had kids that we did that. It could even have been to pick up a family member along the way.

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 29th 2017, 4:40 pm

That is really nice of her. When I started reading your post I though that sounded familiar and then you said its the second time so luckily I'm not going crazy.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 29th 2017, 5:55 pm

theshyguy wrote:
That is really nice of her. When I started reading your post I though that sounded familiar and then you said its the second time so luckily I'm not going crazy.

No, you not going crazy. The difference is two years ago my mother in law put the other car on a train in Florida, got a cabin and took the train up as far as it went which is Virginia. Then she drove it to our house. She is a young 76 and doesn't want to do the drive anymore. I can't blame her. I'm good to go this Saturday, I have the new title, registration, license plates, and insurance cards. Today the EZPass came which will help when I get to Maryland and Delaware where they have some expensive bridge tolls. Either way you pay, but it's nice to drive through the fast lanes without stopping. Then in NJ I pay out the nose on most highways so the pass comes in handy. In a normal month, with 4 vehicles, EZPass usually charges my credit car $100 at least once if not twice.

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyNovember 30th 2017, 11:56 pm

I strongly dislike toll roads here in Texas. But on occasion they do come in handy.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 6th 2017, 9:33 pm

We landed in Fort Myers at 7:30 Saturday night. Monday morning at 7:00am we were on the road. Stopped in Lumberton NC for the night at 6. Up Tuesday and on the road by 7:00, got home at 3:45pm. My son Mike did all the driving, said he liked it and every time I asked if he needed a break he said no.
1,237 miles. Today Mike got the inspection sticker and put new wipers on it. They were shot from sitting in the Florida sun. As of today the car has just over 11,000 miles on it.
The first toll we hit was in Maryland, the Delaware was pretty steep tolls for less than 30 miles of driving.

Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 7th 2017, 8:27 am

Delaware does rake you over the coals for being in their state such a short distance, they do offset it with horrendous traffic so that 30 miles takes 2 hours !

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 7th 2017, 6:20 pm

We went through Delaware around 2:30pm so we were lucky with traffic. There wasn't a state the entire trip that didn't have some sort of tie up due to construction.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 8th 2017, 2:42 am

Sounds like you had a nice little trip.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 8th 2017, 7:52 pm

A little big, sorry about that.
Well this is the car we went down to pick up. It's nice and clean. Expecting 6" if snow tonight so it should be covered with salt by Sunday. It was warm here up to last week, and I shouldn't be surprised that were getting snow but I am. The town just robo called and said to get all vehicles out of the roadway. If I listen I will have to park 2 vehicles on the lawn. I really hate doing that. The snow plow comes by and instead of 6" you get a frozen 18" wall of ice.

Going to Florida for a day. 2015_Hun

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 10th 2017, 7:09 pm

Sounds like you need a bigger driveway.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 10th 2017, 8:07 pm

While I have a garage at each end of the house, the one closest to the intersection is not permitted to have a permanent driveway. I could do one in gravel, but I don't want to cut the lawn down in size. If I could do it in concrete, I would cut the law out in that section. The bigger garage without the driveway holds my Dodge M37 and work shop so not having the second driveway is only a big deal in the winter. I could widen my existing driveway 5' on each side but the boss doesn't like the idea.
Our BIG snowstorm left 2 or maybe 3" tops, roads never had snow on them only grass and houses.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 10th 2017, 9:56 pm

Let me rephrase previous statement:
-Sounds like you need a bigger yard OUTSIDE of the city! What a Face

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 11th 2017, 4:21 pm

Our township is the 2nd largest in the state but it is mostly unusable. It is maybe 3.5 miles wide that can be built on. We are bordered on the west by a million acre Pineland Reserve, and to the east is the Barnegat Bay. Almost every buildable lot is taken. When I was young, you only had to dial 4 digits to make a phone call. Now it seems a lot of license plates are New York. They buy the houses as a second house and in the summer it doesn't pay to go out to the major roads as the are bumper to bumper.
Somewhere south for sure, the winters seem to be lasting longer and the cold colder.

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 11th 2017, 10:43 pm

I hear Texas is nice. lol!
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 12th 2017, 11:29 am

If you don't mind a little snow. Friend got pictures from Corpus Christie of people making snow men on the beach last week.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 12th 2017, 2:26 pm

My place on Dec 8th
Going to Florida for a day. 03010
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. EmptyDecember 12th 2017, 8:45 pm

Nice neighborhood!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to Florida for a day.   Going to Florida for a day. Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to Florida for a day.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: