Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fort Myers Fla.

Go down 
+2
toyboxrv
TheQuig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 12:32 pm

Tuesday the 28th I'm going to Fort Myers for a week to kick back and relax. Last weekend I received an email from Spirt Airlines stating my ticket confirmation. It seems my son decided I need a trip to get out of the house, so he called his grandmother and asked if he booked a flight would they be home that week. A change of scenery will be nice, I have some friends south of the area I may visit, but I really want to do nothing for a week. I'm not a beach person, I fish so maybe I can be an early or late in the day beach person.

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 5:37 pm

A bad day fishing on the beach is better than a good day at work.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 11:45 pm

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 10:02 am

Take a charter out for some fishing.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 11:12 am

My father in law has a 25' Grady White and we will head out to the gulf to fish. After 25 years, my ex-brother in- law and I still keep in touch and he also is big into fishing so I'm going to take an hour drive to Naples and hook up with him for a day or two. I'm also looking for a place to take a non-Fla resident CCW. I have one from Utah and New Hampshire, so Fla will give me a few more states to carry. One of these days I hope to make it to Texas for the course.

pup

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 11:46 am

Its just a LTC in Texas now ever since we went to Open Carry.
Your New Jersey license is good here though...

http://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/legal/reciprocity/#
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 1:38 pm

I can't get a New Jersey license as can't most law abiding citizens of the state. NJ won't let people with permits out of state carry here. In NJ, I can buy as many long guns as I want. I have to get fingerprinted every time I put in for a handgun permit and they draw it out as long as they can to grant you the permit. In 90 days the permit expires, so if you don't buy in that time period, you have to go through the process all over again. Christie is trying to change all that but north jersey with the majority democrats knock it down every time. There is no 2A here as far as legislators are concerned.
I happen to live in the south and our legislators are Republican and go to bat for our 2A rights every time they come up for passage.
Once I leave NJ, I'm covered to carry in 34 states at last count. These are allowed because of the non-resident permits other states allow me to get.

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 29th 2017, 1:28 am

Arrived at Fort Myers, plane got here 40 minutes early. My father in law asked if I wanted bagels for breakfast tomorrow.
I said sure, he said be ready at 0600. I can pass on the bagels!

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 29th 2017, 10:10 am

Good choice. Fort Myers Fla. 2484002174
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 29th 2017, 11:55 pm

88 here today. Not yet used to the heat. This place has really grown since I have last been here. All the snow birds are still here, so traffic is heavy. Going air boating hopefully Thursday, if not Friday. The tarpon haven't made their run yet so fishing is slow.

Diesel Dan

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyMarch 31st 2017, 9:59 am

Hope you enjoy the trip.
I heard there is a special on 3 hour boat tours.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 1st 2017, 12:17 am

3 hour tours are the specialty here.
I think I found out what happened to Gregs neighbors, their all here. Ontario plates everywhere.
Today I went to Home Depot after looking at boats and there seemed to be license plates from almost every state there.

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 2nd 2017, 12:32 am

Congrats on your vacation Rich. You needed and deserve one. Now for me, I think my next stop is an institution the rate Im going at
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 2nd 2017, 11:27 pm

I was thinking today that we haven't talked in a while. It is nice to really just kick back and do nothing. I've met a lot of snowbirds from arond the country. Last night I went to dinner with a couple from Newfoundland and the husband was a criminal case judge. Some interesting views on the state of the U.S. I'll give you a call when I get home.

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 5th 2017, 12:41 pm

I'm back from Fort Myers. The change in temps is 50F right now. Repacking, I've decided to take the drive to Georgia for spring break with my wife and daughter.

pup

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 5th 2017, 1:28 pm

Smart move
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 5th 2017, 8:43 pm

The drive is long, but I can bring a lot of thinks in the Yukon. I think guitar, AR, and Glock and I'm go to go.

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 6th 2017, 12:24 am

How was the fishing?
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 6th 2017, 10:38 am

I didn't get to fish. My father-in-law sold his Grady White and is now looking at smaller boats. He has Parkinson's so I don't really see him actually buying another boat. We looked at several dealerships.
I asked if we could still fish but he said the bonita were still 2 weeks from making their run.

Up here, although it is still cold, I see a lot of bait fish in my back yard. That means that the migrating fish that spawn here will come in soon from the ocean and fishing will pick up. Right before I left, there is a bridge that goes over the discharge of a nuclear power plant. Normally this time of year I see maybe 3/4 trucks parked near the bridge. The last night I drove by before leaving there were no less than 50 cars and trucks. I'm trying to determine if it was winter flounder or striped bass. Size limits are a killer. The bass have to be at least 28" to keep.

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 8th 2017, 5:36 pm

Didn't leave for Georgia this morning as was planned. I really can't explain why, part of it is leaving my son alone for 9 days (he said he is okay with it, he is 18), another part is I had an argument over tax receipts with my wife and I didn't want to drive 18 hours with someone that will either argue the entire trip or not talk at all. I have plenty to do at home and seem to get a lot done when my wife, daughter and dog go south.

Diesel Dan

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 9th 2017, 12:43 am

Party at Rich's house!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. EmptyApril 9th 2017, 3:17 pm

All week!

Fort Myers Fla. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Myers Fla.   Fort Myers Fla. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fort Myers Fla.
Page 1 of 1