Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pulling a building down with a tugboat

Go down 
+3
Diseasel
theshyguy
Hilux
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilux

Pulling a building down with a tugboat  Empty
PostSubject: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 22nd 2017, 11:08 pm

There was a building demolition across the tracks from where I work today , the demo company used a tugboat to pull it down .
https://youtu.be/IVSVbfoQQ3g
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 11:42 pm

I wonder why they chose a tug?
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 12:09 am

That's slick.

I'd guess the most vulnerable angle was toward the waterway and those tugs have some pulling power.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 11:20 am

theshyguy wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.

When I was young 23/24, I worked for a company that would do demolition work when the sand and gravel business got slow. We took down a lot of houses and buildings. The hardest for me was a grain silo that was made of cinder block and the orange block that you usually see used as flu pipe. We weren't sure it would fall the way we calculated, but it did, we got lucky.
One time we were taking down and old sewer plant. I had to take a tandem dump up to the city to get a wrecking ball. Being young and inexperienced, I drove under at train bridge that was the same height as the truck. It wasn't. I had to let the air out of 10 tires to get out, very embarrassing. The boss never found out.

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 27th 2017, 8:13 pm

The property is owned by a big tugboat company , it could have been a hold my beer and watch this thing also .
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 28th 2017, 1:06 pm

Probably that and for bragging and/or advertising purposes.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyMarch 29th 2017, 10:07 am

TheQuig wrote:
theshyguy wrote:

When I was young 23/24, I worked for a company that would do demolition work when the sand and gravel business got slow. We took down a lot of  houses and buildings. The hardest for me was a grain silo that was made of cinder block and the orange block that you usually see used as flu pipe. We weren't sure it would fall the way we calculated, but it did, we got lucky.
One time we were taking down and old sewer plant. I had to take a tandem dump up to the city to get a wrecking ball. Being young and inexperienced, I drove under at train bridge that was the same height as the truck. It wasn't. I had to let the air out of 10 tires to get out, very embarrassing. The boss never found out.

10 tires were a lot easier to air back up than to explain all the potential damage.
Back to top Go down
erude

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyApril 2nd 2017, 12:27 am

TheQuig wrote:
theshyguy wrote:

When I was young 23/24, I worked for a company that would do demolition work when the sand and gravel business got slow. We took down a lot of  houses and buildings. The hardest for me was a grain silo that was made of cinder block and the orange block that you usually see used as flu pipe. We weren't sure it would fall the way we calculated, but it did, we got lucky.

These idiots with big buses go and break the roof hatches on trees and call them in as break downs Pulling a building down with a tugboat  3293792524 I've also broke a few as well but I get to blame that on the drivers. cheers
Back to top Go down
Yota_fan

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyApril 26th 2017, 5:59 pm

I always thought that building was just some old warehouse that some lumber company used to temporarily store finished lumber in. Who knew that it was once a creamery.. Pulling a building down with a tugboat  627515567
Back to top Go down
Hilux

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  EmptyApril 27th 2017, 6:11 pm

It was originally Coos bay mutual creamery and then Hillstrom boat builders , it's owned by Sause brothers now .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling a building down with a tugboat    Pulling a building down with a tugboat  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulling a building down with a tugboat
Page 1 of 1