Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The year of the 4k tv?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

The year of the 4k tv? Empty
PostSubject: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyNovember 25th 2016, 11:09 am

It looks like this is finally the year for big tv sales. 4k set prices came down significantly and will arguably be the norm. I finally pulled the trigger on a 4k set replacing my 11 year 55" LCD set. It's amazing how much brighter and clearer these new tvs are. Now I just need to upgrade the DVD player.

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyNovember 27th 2016, 8:34 pm

4K's are really nice. I have a 55" and the picture is amazing.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyNovember 28th 2016, 2:22 am

The prices have plummeted from just 2 years ago. But I rarely watch tv now.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyNovember 28th 2016, 12:31 pm

Whats a DVD player?
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyNovember 29th 2016, 9:22 pm

DVD is probably old terminology. I think it's an acronym for digital video disk.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyDecember 1st 2016, 12:57 pm

Would Blu-Ray be considered a DVD? Im so lost these days on technology because as far as I'm concerned so much of its unneeded I try not to learn about a lot of it.

Everything is going into the "cloud" now vs on a physical disk or tape or local hard drive. I wonder what the next technological change will be.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyDecember 1st 2016, 9:11 pm

I believe Charlie was referring to the fact that DVDs are almost extinct in this day and age. The current trend for viewing movies, sporting events or even series is to download or stream them.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? EmptyDecember 2nd 2016, 12:01 am

ggbaird wrote:
I believe Charlie was referring to the fact that DVDs are almost extinct in this day and age. The current trend for viewing movies, sporting events or even series is to download or stream them.

No doubt I'll be doing more streaming than bluray. Streaming is much more convenient but you need to have at least 15MBPS for 4k and no data limits. The purists will tell you the bluray is a better experience without streaming compression loss and low bitrates. I'll eventually get a 4k bluray unfortunately there aren't many good designs yet and the good one is about $600 on sale. I think I'll wait awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The year of the 4k tv?   The year of the 4k tv? Empty

Back to top Go down

The year of the 4k tv?
Page 1 of 1