HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cut the cable

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Cut the cable   November 11th 2016, 11:30 am

Have any of y'all done it? I have been using a Ruku box with Sling tv for about a month. Not sure I like it. Has anyone used an android box with Kodi? Like one of these. http://androidtoystore.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cut the cable   November 11th 2016, 12:56 pm

Never had cable TV.
Had some form of dish for 10 +yrs and dropped that while moving few years ago. Picked up cable Internet and LOVED it! Netflix and youtube are about all I needed, don't care so much that I can't get latest and greatest because there is lots out there.

Now new house has no Internet of any kind and marginal cell service.
Will have to see how things work out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Cut the cable   November 11th 2016, 2:08 pm

I haven't had cable TV for close to 2 years now, I'll never go back. I have a Roku, and the Kodi, but the Kodi is a pain to use so I haven't watched it in 9 months. I mostly watch Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Cut the cable   November 12th 2016, 10:47 am

I have Directv and so far am happy but I expect AT&T to screw it all up. It would be nice if it was a little cheaper but that ain't happening unless they come out with a skinny bundle. I've been sucked into the UFC, Game of Thrones, CNBC, and some Discovery Channel programming. I'm not sure I could get all that without being locked into cable or Directv.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cut the cable   November 13th 2016, 8:02 am

Have DTV as well because of AT&T bundle with our phones. We watched Game of Thrones on netflix and will wait for end of the season to watch next season. Can't watch a series weekly anymore since binge watching on netflix. We actually rarely watch DTV anymore, mostly netflix and amazon with a little hulu. This is the third time we've had paid tv after dropping TWC and Northstate fiber. About time again. I asked her the other day, why are we paying to watch commercials?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Cut the cable   November 13th 2016, 10:47 am

I binge watched the first 4 seasons or so of Game of Thrones on Netflix and then decided to only buy HBO when GoT was broadcasting. This year HBO/Directv gave us a deal for almost free HBO for 1 or 2 years. I think the next season is the final GoT season and I'm not watching anything else on HBO so we'll be ditching HBO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cut the cable   

Back to top Go down

Cut the cable
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1