Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Universal income

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
theshyguy

Universal income Empty
PostSubject: Universal income   Universal income EmptyNovember 8th 2016, 11:01 am

Another "genius" declaring an end to jobs because of automation.

Universal Income

How many decades have people been predicting automation and new technologies would give people more free time and make their lifes easier? Yet it seems people get further behind in the rat race every year and people have less free time because of all the information that must now be shifted through thanks to computers.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Universal income Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal income   Universal income EmptyNovember 8th 2016, 11:38 pm

That reminds me of the oil rich countries in the middle east. Their leadership once thought they had it made and citizens could be bought and paid for with a checks in the mail. Change is a constant and we all have to work to get anything.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Universal income Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal income   Universal income EmptyNovember 10th 2016, 12:45 pm

theshyguy wrote:
Another "genius" declaring an end to jobs because of automation.

Universal Income

How many decades have people been predicting automation and new technologies would give people more free time and make their lifes easier? Yet it seems people get further behind in the rat race every year and people have less free time because of all the information that must now be shifted through thanks to computers.

“Intellect is not wisdom.” - Thomas Sowell

Musk reminds me to some extent of Obama, the guy they kept telling us was "the smartest man in the room". After observing Obama for almost eight years, I've come to the conclusion he would have trouble emptying a boot full of water with the instructions printed on the heel.   Musk may have a lot more on the ball than Obama but as for the end of jobs due to automation, I don't see it happening in our lifetimes. In my neck of the woods (mostly rural farm country) there are quite a few small manufacturing companies- metal and plastic parts (medical and otherwise), contract manufacturers, and fabricators of all sorts. You can automate almost anything but from what I've seen these companies are ill suited to full blown automation- technically possible but not anywhere near cost effective.  Certain operations can be and are automated and for smaller companies that's where the future is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Universal income Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal income   Universal income Empty

Back to top Go down

Universal income
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: