HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Little bit of flexing while off roading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pup

PostSubject: Little bit of flexing while off roading   October 31st 2016, 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Little bit of flexing while off roading   October 31st 2016, 7:55 pm

Time for a snorkel and big puddles. It is hard to tell from the picture, is the soil dried out and cracked, or is that just debris that makes it look that way?
We have a couple of Jeep clubs here that do some pretty cool off road trips.

Hilux

PostSubject: Re: Little bit of flexing while off roading   October 31st 2016, 9:53 pm

You must have lockers , my cj7 with open diffs is hopeless in the twisties .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pup

PostSubject: Re: Little bit of flexing while off roading   November 1st 2016, 7:14 am

It was red sandstone and red sand mostly on thst trail. And I do have electric lockers on both axles. It climbs like a mountain goat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Little bit of flexing while off roading   November 1st 2016, 3:55 pm

The soil reminds me of a forest near me that years ago was high enough in elevation that it was an island, and the shore line was Pa. The soils there go from yellow to orange and red. Real nice for offroad.
One time when I was keeping the kids out of the house so my wife could wrap Christmas presents, I took them to the million acre forest to kill some time. At the time, I owned the Chevy Duramax CC. We came to what I thought was a 2' puddle, so I put the truck in 4X4 to cross this 100' puddle. It was so deep that the water came over the hood and actually washed over the cab. I nailed it and made it through. The kids loved it and asked that I turn around an go through again. I took another trail out and made it to the highway and spent the next two hours in a self car wash trying to get all the mud out from under the hood. What a nightmare. Now I can laugh, but then I was totally freaked out.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little bit of flexing while off roading   

Back to top Go down

Little bit of flexing while off roading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1