Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Always informative....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joemac

joemac

Always informative.... Empty
PostSubject: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 18th 2013, 1:07 pm

.... listening to Judge Andrew Napolitano. The Constitution for Dummies.

Back to top Go down
GMC D-Max

GMC D-Max

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 18th 2013, 1:56 pm

The Judge rocks it nearly every time...

Cool
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 20th 2013, 12:37 am

On a side note, looks like you sold your truck.
Congrats, I would have been interested if only it had been a 4wd.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 20th 2013, 5:27 pm

It was an easy sell. Didn't get much activity on it for a couple weeks then all of a sudden people coming out of the wood work. Even had one local guy wanting to pay my asking price, but I had already verbally committed to the gentlemen from Canada and couldn't go back on my word. I did get an email from the new owner the other day, they got it back to Ontario without any issue, said they're really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 20th 2013, 6:00 pm

Any word on your new one? Arrival date?
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 20th 2013, 7:02 pm

Production date 4/30 Kansas City Missouri plant, ETA 5/12 - 5/18.

If I was a smart man I would have simply given Jason some cash for his, that way I'd have wheels right now. Going through oil changes currently every two weeks in the wife's ride Wink
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 21st 2013, 10:27 am

What is your new one going to be?
Only thing I can think of near KC for GM is the Malibu plant.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 21st 2013, 11:18 am

F150 Lariat 3.5 EB 4x4 super crew with 6.5' bed with max trailer package

Wished the new GM's were out, as they will offer a 6.5' bed in the half tons, but they're not, can't buy what they don't make. I just wasn't ready to go from a 8' bed to 5.5'. Some of the capability I lose from the 8' bed I gain back with the deeper Ford box. Only concern at this point in time is the serious reduction in rated payload, around half of the Silverado.

All the new HD's are just plain expensive. As are most vehicles these days. Thanks to the central bankers and the financial elite for 99% of this Razz. Just hard to stomach tossing in crazy butt loads of cash on a depreciating asset. Hard getting out of my head what I paid for the Silverado $34,xxx and to get anything close to equivalent now is $50,xxx plus, easy and that's just getting started.

Time will tell I hope I get as much value and longevity out of the F150 as the Silverado. Hoping for the best, hope however isn't much of a strategy. Smile

Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 10:09 am

joemac wrote:
Just hard to stomach tossing in crazy butt loads of cash on a depreciating asset.
I feel the same way but we are in the minority by looking at it that way.

What made you decide on a 4x4 this time?
When you bought the D-max you were set on your decision of a 2wd.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 10:12 am

BTW, at least your "tennis shoe mode" could have been USA made New Balance models Cool
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 10:39 am

Silly me, that's what I get for snagging just any photo of a tennis shoe off of google images. Can't even get an American image, what's the world coming to!?!?!?! Wink

The private resale audience or market was the major decision for 4 wheel drive. When I first put it up for sale many buyers shied away immediately because it was 2wd. Got this input from many truck boards, craigs list, and the cars dot com ad.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me with any 4 wheel drive or transfer case related issues. I'll need to get some time under the truck before I commit this new truck long term.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always informative....   Always informative.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Always informative....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: