Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.

Go down 
+2
Diesel Dan
theshyguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
theshyguy

Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  Empty
PostSubject: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 11:27 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-japan-nissan-engine-idUSKCN10P0IK?il=0

Be interesting to see if it comes to market as well as its made out to be.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 15th 2016, 11:32 am

Think I'd give that a couple years to prove the reliability before buying into it.

On the Diesel I am surprised with the lack of advertising of the Cummins engine.
Local dealer has a few but you think a truck parked under a "Cummins POWER" banner would be a no brainer for advertising.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 15th 2016, 8:46 pm

Wasn't the EcoBoost suppose to make the diesel obsolete?
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 16th 2016, 12:08 am

Diesel Dan wrote:

Local dealer has a few but you think a truck parked under a "Cummins POWER" banner would be a no brainer for advertising.

You would certainly think so!
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 17th 2016, 7:58 pm

I would not be an early adopter. The Nissan diesel is going over like a fart in church down here. and they are advertising on radio and tv in Houston.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 20th 2016, 6:47 pm

Lots of new engine ideas. It seems everyone is trying to keep the combustion engine viable. And the oil industry is worried as well. Saudia Arabia says they don't want to be caught with their vast oil reserves still in ground when demand for oil drops off a cliff so they're undercutting market prices.

It's gonna be interesting to see how electric cars and batteries pan out as well as hydrogen. I wouldn't pay $80k for it, but I wouldn't mind driving a Tesla around town.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 20th 2016, 10:06 pm

Just heard yesterday that there is a new packaging development with lithium batteries that could see up to double the run time on a charge. Something about folding the core, or something like that. They said it will be out next year in everything from cars to cell phones. Could be a game changer.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 22nd 2016, 10:18 am

I'd guess 400 to 500 miles on a charge would eliminate range anxiety for most.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 22nd 2016, 10:39 am

200 mile range would be awesome. I could drive it all week with no worry about charging and then plug it in over the weekend and charge it only at night when its cheaper.

I've read before where they keep testing new lithium combinations and techniques. Batteries that recharge just by adding water...etc Nothing has gone full scale yet though.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 22nd 2016, 2:38 pm

ggbaird wrote:
Just heard yesterday that there is a new packaging development with lithium batteries that could see up to double the run time on a charge. Something about folding the core, or something like that. They said it will be out next year in everything from cars to cell phones. Could be a game changer.

Hot dang!
I'm gonna fold my cell phone in half and see if it lasts longer now!
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyAugust 24th 2016, 12:40 am

Now Tesla is saying the new battery will initially be available in the most powerful models (Ludicrous mode) and does 0 to 60 in 2.5sec vs the previous 2.8 sec. I think they said it would extend the distance to something like 315miles per charge. It would probably do much better if it was a normal 9sec 0 to 60 commuter car.

Back to top Go down
silenton

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyDecember 15th 2016, 1:02 pm

When are they planning to roll out the new gasoline engine?

Last edited by silenton on December 20th 2016, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyDecember 15th 2016, 6:11 pm

silenton wrote:
When are they planning to role out the new gasoline engine?

From the article which was dated mid-August...

Quote :
The new Variable Compression-Turbo (VC-T) powertrain, expected to be officially unveiled at next month's Paris motor show, will initially be showcased in an Infiniti car to be unveiled next year, Nissan engineers said, without elaborating. Eventually, it's expected to be used in Nissan cars and possibly by its alliance partner Renault.

Back to top Go down
silenton

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  EmptyDecember 20th 2016, 7:40 am

Oh I see. Will wait for it then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.    Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Nissans new gasoline engine could take out diesel.
Page 1 of 1