Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Expedition struts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
theshyguy

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyJuly 31st 2016, 10:20 pm

Well my wifes Expedition has been riding rougher and more like a boat the last few months. I saw fluid leaking out of three of the four struts with one of rear covered in it at our last brake job about 6 months ago. I finally have the money and willingness to spend it and so I bought a full set of Monroe struts and spring assemblies from RockAuto for $512. Going to have my mechanic put them on sometime this week. I just need to find a time to wrestle the key away from Maggie.
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyAugust 1st 2016, 3:39 pm

Wow, I just thought that I still have all stock suspension parts on my truck. Just over 300,000 miles. I have always greased the ball joints with oil changes, probably why it has no excessive play in the steering. I'm sure the shocks need replacing, now that I remember it's on the list, along with a cup holder to replace the thrower. Just shocks, springs seem ok as far as no sag.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyAugust 2nd 2016, 12:15 am

I did some research and apparently the Expys have a habit of rear struts leaking.

I ordered the whole assemblies because my mechanic said he could do just the struts but its more labor costs. So I will just order struts next time and exchange out the springs.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyAugust 2nd 2016, 5:43 pm

I was just looking at struts and shocks at Rock Auto. Looks like for me the price is very close to what you have paid. But you do get a cool magnet with each order!

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyAugust 2nd 2016, 6:32 pm

I haven't opened the boxes, just tossed them in the back of the Expy, but I didn't know about the magnet. FREE GIFT!!!
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyAugust 2nd 2016, 11:37 pm

The magnet is business card sized with nicely restored muscle cars usually.

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts EmptyAugust 2nd 2016, 11:53 pm

I assume you have a collection? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Expedition struts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expedition struts   Expedition struts Empty

Back to top Go down

Expedition struts
Page 1 of 1