Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weapon Bans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

Weapon Bans Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Bans   Weapon Bans EmptyApril 17th 2013, 9:52 pm

Looks like on the Federal level we came out alright with the exception of CCW over state lines. Were still in a battle here in NJ over 20 bills including AWB and magazine capacity among other things. From what I have been reading most of these bills will not make it through. Hopefully ammunition will become available after the hoarding stops.

joemac

Weapon Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Bans   Weapon Bans EmptyApril 17th 2013, 11:26 pm

DHS has issue requisitions in the past 6 months for 1.6 billion rounds. The terms of these contracts are so that they get priority in supply over commercial customers. They are doing their best to limit supply by competing for the manufacturing time.

I've seen a comparison in raw numbers for the DHS purchase compared to ammunition used in Iraq. It was stated DHS could sustain a 20 year hot war with 1.6 billion rounds. They state its for target practice and buy buying in bulk saves money, yet most of it is more expensive hollow point, so much for saving money. Moreover we're having to borrow the money to pay for it. Crazy logic they use for the justification.

What's the federal legislation involving CCW between states?

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Weapon Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Bans   Weapon Bans EmptyApril 18th 2013, 2:15 pm

I could be wrong, but from what I understand if you have a CCW in your home state it is not automatically honored in another state. In the past 40 states allowed people to carry if they had an out of state permit.

joemac

Weapon Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Bans   Weapon Bans EmptyApril 18th 2013, 2:30 pm

I wasn't aware the federal government had any limitations on what states can establish conceal carry agreements between other states. I was of the belief its between the individual states to honor or not honor conceal carry licensing from other states.

Texas has a number of unilateral, one way were we accept their CC license to carry in our state, or a reciprocal, two way acceptance of CC license between states.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/legal/reciprocity/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapon Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Bans   Weapon Bans Empty

Back to top Go down

Weapon Bans
Page 1 of 1