HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

FU Microsoft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theshyguy

PostSubject: FU Microsoft   May 20th 2016, 1:51 am

I get home from work about an hour ago and sit at my desk. While on my phone my computer boots up and starts installing Windows 10. WTF?! I didn't want Windows 10 which is why it hasn't been installed on it yet.

They make shitty phones and now they are forcing updates on computers. I Googled it and its been happening to people for a year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 20th 2016, 9:34 am

I turned off auto-updates some time ago because of the same BS. Might get an iMac next time around. I primarily use my iPad, 99% of the time anyway, but my wife always uses the PC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 20th 2016, 1:58 pm

I cant get the volume to work now. May be something I selected when I was setting up the preferences but I wouldnt think so.

I have never owned an Apple product and refuse too. They charge for everything and their support people are arrogant morons. Plus lack of customization for their products.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 20th 2016, 3:57 pm

I had to deal with this about 2 months ago for my son's computer.

Microsoft is desperate for Windows 10 to be successful. So much so that they recently categorized the Windows 10 download as a "recommended" update just like a security patch. So it gets downloaded on many computers (Windows 8.x, Windows 7).

Of course we configured the computer for manual updates but that didn't matter as Microsoft set the Windows 10 install to be one user prompt away from replacing your current operating system. If you accidentally say okay, Windows 10 is installed. Microsoft says you have about 30 days to roll back so they must store the old operating system on disk somewhere.  

One of the major downsides to Windows 10 is they force every update and they do it automatically. There's no manual updates so you can't control privacy etc. And speaking of privacy, Windows 10 takes that away. Presumably allowing Microsoft to sell your data for more advertising monies.

Is there any wonder why Microsoft is forcing Windows 10 updates? Cha-ching!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/windows-10-to-automatically-download-on-your-pcs/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 20th 2016, 4:05 pm

I'm not an Apple believer so I might look at a Linux OS next time. Gotta wonder how Linux is with device drivers and solutions for antivirus, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 21st 2016, 1:37 am

I'm going to try to revert back if I can figure out how. I do not need it saving any of my information and letting Microsoft or anyone else profit off of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 23rd 2016, 10:25 pm

Saw another windows 10 article. It says msft changed the update again in some cases so you can only choose between upgrading now or tonight. Even selecting the 'x' in the dialog box's upper right hand corner wouldn't save you. Now it's turning into malware!

Forbes Windows 10 Malware

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 24th 2016, 12:12 pm

Not a fan of MS business practice. If I could, I would still have XP. 7 is good and I can live with it. Apple? Not a chance. I'm an engineer. I know of no software I use that is compatible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   May 24th 2016, 7:12 pm

If it's been less than a month you can revert back to your previous OS. Don't f around, do it now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 4th 2016, 1:18 am

Well I did it earlier today and everything went back to working. That was until a few minutes ago and my now speakers wont work again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 4th 2016, 10:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti38lndH0xY Maybe try this, hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 4th 2016, 12:06 pm

It works! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 4th 2016, 12:28 pm

great, sometimes simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 26th 2016, 6:08 pm

The audio is out again. I cant get it to work now even after a dozen of the tricks above and restarts. I really don't like Microsoft right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 26th 2016, 6:18 pm

I spent about two hours this morning trying to get my printer working again. Some stupid Print Spool folder hoarding a bunch of old files queued to print.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   June 26th 2016, 6:57 pm

I had to update our ancient vista laptop and found a reasonable deal but it only came with win 10 so I upgraded to win 10 pro as they say you have more control over updates, etc. I haven't used it much but so far win 10 seems okay (at least for new computers). I have no plans to update the OS on our current computers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FU Microsoft   

Back to top Go down

FU Microsoft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1