HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Truck driving exitment , backwards in the fast lane

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hilux

PostSubject: Truck driving exitment , backwards in the fast lane    May 17th 2016, 7:29 pm

I went on a run with the new guy today , we were driving down the free way and he tries to pass a slow truck on a hill and he misses every gear and comes to a complete stop in the fast lane and then kills the engine and starts rolling BACKWARDS down the hill in the fast lane then dumps the clutch and stalls it again then finally gets it going all the while grinding the shit out of every gear trying to get it over to the shoulder so we can limp up the hill , I am sure that took about 50,000 miles of life out of the truck , I am pretty sure he is too used to driving automatic trucks .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Truck driving exitment , backwards in the fast lane    May 17th 2016, 8:11 pm

Give him a route in the flat mid west.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Truck driving exitment , backwards in the fast lane    May 17th 2016, 8:37 pm

We have flat roads here. I stopped driving concrete trucks in 1991. Almost every load was between 70,000 to 80,000 lbs. When I first started driving early on the transmissions were a split stick, talk about a sore shoulder at the end of the day. Moved on to air shift, mainly spicers 8 or 13 speed. Gradually we got a 5 speed stick with a second stick that was high or low, you only used low off road. Finally, I got an automatic transmission. Life became good, FM radio, cup of coffee and no shifting. I was close to the top in seniority so I got a new truck every year for the last 4 years that I drove.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truck driving exitment , backwards in the fast lane    

Back to top Go down

Truck driving exitment , backwards in the fast lane
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1