Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trump's National Debt Solution?

Go down 
+3
theshyguy
Diesel Dan
Diseasel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Trump's National Debt Solution? Empty
PostSubject: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 7th 2016, 11:28 am

I'm not liking Trump's recent comments. It's deja vu all over again - borrow and spend to stimulate the economy. Here's the kicker:

Quote :
In the event that the U.S. economy crashed, Donald Trump has floated a recovery plan based on his own experience with corporate bankruptcy: Pay America's creditors less than full value on the U.S. Treasuries they hold.

"I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal," Trump told CNBC.

I use to think that would work too until I learned the US taxpayer is the main entity on the hook including the social security system, 401k's, pensions, etc.

They say Trump's plan would spook the markets and drive interest rates up and toss the notion of the US dollar being backed by the full faith of the US government.

He needs to go back to the well and think it through. Surely it's better to borrow less and start paying off the massive debt.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-proposal-national-debt-send-184432030.html
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 7th 2016, 10:57 pm

So what are our choices?
It's looking like trump or "freebies for everyone" Hilary.

Will we even be able to say lesser of two evils this time?
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 12:27 am

He is getting govt debt and corporate debt mixed up. The two do not act the same way and cant be treated the same way. Luckily Im sure once in office, if he is elected, he would have economists inform him of such. Otherwise, Greece here we come!

Actually we would be worse than Greece because there would be no one big enough to help us out in such a fashion.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 1:05 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
So what are our choices?
It's looking like trump or "freebies for everyone" Hilary.

Trump's National Debt Solution? Image67
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 3:31 pm

The funny thing is Trump could be Al Bundy with lots of money. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 3:45 pm

Not really related to Trump's plan but probably most of us have recently received notices from our financial services/retirement plans about forced fund transfers from (soon to be closed) money market accounts and into treasury investment products.

The background reason is said to be a prerequisite step before the Fed can implement negative interest rates. In this way anyone wanting to keep money on the sidelines (soon to be Treasuries) will feel the pain when interest rates turn negative. Now they'll take money from your account if you choose to leave money in the negative interest rate treasury. Their goal is to see more money invested in the stock market instead of sitting relatively safely on the sidelines. It'll be a lose-lose situation where we have to guess which side loses less.

Proof once again, George Carlin was right. The game is rigged, "it's a big club, and you and I aren't in it!"
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 6:26 pm

I wouldn't get too excited about this yet. Same (typical) AP story- very short on the details (almost none) other than the usual attack on Trump. What exactly is Trump's "recovery" plan? I'm not a Trumpster but it seems little more than a hit piece to me.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 6:50 pm

We don't have a press any more, we have a propaganda wing of the DNC.

I don't feel good about both choices, it used to be the lessor of two evils, now its would you like the entire 15" in your ass or just 14 15/16's

We are hard boned either way. A crazy. lying corrupt bitch vs a crazy lying crazy phuck.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 7:14 pm

While I want Trump in, I'm not comfortable with either choice.

Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 7:16 pm

Well I've had my share of crazy corrupt career politicians, ready to rock the boat and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 7:29 pm

All Trump has to do is convince enough people that he isnt Hitler...

Hillary, on the other hand, has to convince enough that she isnt Hillary.

Im betting Trump...and it wont even be close.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? EmptyMay 8th 2016, 9:39 pm

We either get an egotistical jacka$$ that likes to personally attack people or we get an egotistical power hungry liar.

Trump is the less of two evils I think but its still like choosing between the clap and gonorrhea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump's National Debt Solution?   Trump's National Debt Solution? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trump's National Debt Solution?
Page 1 of 1