Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March Pickup Sales

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 1st 2016, 4:55 pm

Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: March 2016

Quote :
Forecasters predicted a good March, typically a strong month for auto sales, and from the looks of pickup truck sales they were right.

When compared to March 2015, U.S. pickup truck sales jumped almost 10 percent, and year-to-date sales (comparing the first quarter of 2015 to the first quarter of 2016 numbers) are up 6.5 percent. That’s likely to be good news if you’re in the market for a new pickup — dealerships will be primed and practiced at making a deal. And with the fast-selling summer months just around the corner, we don’t expect pickup sales to slow down at all.

Every one of the major truckmakers are having a good year so far, on track to break most of the sales records in the last nine years. In fact, some analysts are saying the 2016 sales year could be the highest ever recorded, and much of that gain, appropriately enough, will be on the backs of pickup trucks.

The Ford F-Series broke the 70,000 unit barrier for the first time this year (the earliest since 2007), and is on track to sell close to 800,000 units in a single year. Other significant pickup truck news for March includes the Chevrolet Colorado for the first time passing the Nissan Frontier in year-to-date sales. Chevy has outsold the Frontier in monthly sales for the last two months, but with sales like these, the Colorado is not likely to give up the No. 7 slot on our list for the remainder of the year.

The Nissan Titan, which now includes the new Titan XD with the Cummins engine, is continuously improving its monthly sales pace by 20 percent and more, and when the half-ton version comes on line in the fall, that number is likely to jump again.

Finally, we see the inverse sales relationship between the midsize Toyota Tacoma and full-size Tundra, which makes sense because they’re manufactured at the same plant on the same line. If Toyota wants to make more Tacomas (which it does), it needs to drop the corresponding number of Tundras to make room for them. We’ll likely see this trend continue until Toyota finds a way to increase total volume at the San Antonio or Mexico plants. In the meantime, the Tundra is the only pickup posting negative March sales numbers besides the Honda Ridgeline, which won’t be updated until later this year.

March Pickup Sales Image10

PickupTrucks.com
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
joemac

joemac

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 4th 2016, 10:37 am

Do people that actually buy the Frontier actually go sit in anything else before they buy?  

Nothing says oh yea buy me more, than opening the door and getting the new fresh scent of 2002. I hear that zombies buy Frontiers, unconfirmed.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 11th 2016, 3:30 pm

March 2016 Pickup Sales Breakdown

Quote :
March was a good month for pickup truck makers. With basically only one exception — the Toyota Tundra because the Tacoma is selling so well — sales were strong for manufacturers desperately looking for more ways to squeeze out additional production from plants in the U.S. and Mexico.

To provide our readers with comprehensive pickup truck sales information each month, we’ll be breaking out the monthly sales data for each pickup segment as well as how each of the pickup truck brands fared.

We hope to provide a breakdown of half-ton, three-quarter-ton and one-ton pickup sales biannually as well.

March Pickup Sales Image26

March Pickup Sales Image27

March Pickup Sales Image28

PickupTrucks.com

Last edited by ggbaird on April 11th 2016, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 11th 2016, 5:45 pm

The charts are labeled with Monthly, when there's nothing monthly about them. The Monthly numbers are not averages, they are the actual numbers from the month of March sales.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 11th 2016, 9:02 pm

joemac wrote:
The charts are labeled with Monthly, when there's nothing monthly about them.  The Monthly numbers are not averages, they are the actual numbers from the month of March sales.

Not sure what you're getting at? The darker bars are for the month of March, and the orange bars are year-to-date. Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 12th 2016, 8:47 am

The Tundra is kinda sucking in the sales department....

Time for some more deep voiced roller coaster on fire in the desert commercials.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 12th 2016, 12:11 pm

ggbaird wrote:
joemac wrote:
The charts are labeled with Monthly, when there's nothing monthly about them.  The Monthly numbers are not averages, they are the actual numbers from the month of March sales.

Not sure what you're getting at? The darker bars are for the month of March, and the orange bars are year-to-date. Am I missing something?

Monthly, indicates more than one month no?  If I pay my mortgage monthly, am I paying it for March alone, or every month?  Monthly used in the legend of the chart is done so in error.  If they meant March, just say March.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 12th 2016, 7:43 pm

It clearly says March right above monthly. But whatever. Looks alright to me.. you must be looking at it from a different angle than I am. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 13th 2016, 10:07 am

When employers show me I'm getting a monthly salary, and it's paid only in March because it says so at the top.  I have a finger for them.  Smile

Monthly = March  ........That's Common Core education at it's finest.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Truth
Admin

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 14th 2016, 7:31 am

adjective
pertaining to a month, or to each month.
done, happening, appearing, etc., once a month :
a monthly magazine.
computed or determined by the month :
a monthly salary.
continuing or lasting for a month.
noun, plural monthlies.
a periodical published once a month.
Sometimes, monthlies. Informal. a menstrual period.
adverb
once a month; by the month.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 14th 2016, 10:32 am

Sales look pretty good overall. But I wouldn't even waste sticking a fork in the Ridgeline(any brisket left Pup?). Honda needs to go back to making cars and small SUVs.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales EmptyApril 14th 2016, 12:30 pm

There is supposed to be another Ridgeline on the way. (No brisket left)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

March Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Pickup Sales   March Pickup Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

March Pickup Sales
Page 1 of 1