Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deaths in the last couple of weeks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Deaths in the last couple of weeks Empty
PostSubject: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 8:26 pm

It's strange how a series of recent notable deaths catches one's attention. Too many cancer deaths.

Glen Frey 67, The Eagles, intestinal surgical complications
David Bowie, 69, musician, liver cancer
Dan Haggerty, 74, Grizzly Adams actor, cancer
Alan Rickman, bad guy actor- Harry Potter, Die Hard etc, 69, cancer.

It was just a couple of weeks ago I watched the Eagles History DVD via Netflix.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 9:21 pm

When I came across the death of Glen Frey it just blew me away. I have been a fan of his since 1971. He wasn't the easiest person to get along with, but his combination with Don Henley worked. He put out some great work.
David Bowie, I was a fan, but not a fanatic fan.
Thought I had seen Dan Haggerty on Pawn Stars or some other show in the past few years.
Never having seen a Harry Potter film, I only knew Alan Rickman fro, Die Hard.

R.I.P. all of you!

pup

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 10:49 pm

Lemmy from Motorhead died right around Christmas of cancer too.

We are burning through great musicians at an alarming rate...climate change isn't our biggest problem, its that we are losing iconic legends and replacing them with autotuned idiots devoid of any talent besides having their skanky diseased asses photoed in the nude.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 18th 2016, 11:16 pm

One thing driving me crazy is the newscaster say his name as it looks Frey, when he pronounced it Fry. It shows they don't know him. Kind of reminds me of Don Henleys song Dirty Laundry.

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 19th 2016, 11:07 am

There are too many cancer deaths for sure. I bet a lot of it is due to stress from their lifestyle.

Dan Haggerty was on American Pickers about 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 19th 2016, 2:49 pm

theshyguy wrote:
There are too many cancer deaths for sure. I bet a lot of it is due to stress from their lifestyle.

That could be where I saw him. Did he make a few items around his house like tables out of trees, and I seem to remember something special about his two big wooden doors?

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 20th 2016, 1:42 am

Frey's passing was a shocker. After watching that DVD series I was hoping to get to see the Eagles in concert.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 20th 2016, 12:05 pm

There are a lot of concerts I been to in the past, but as I check out the ticket prices I know I won't be going to a lot more.
The Eagles were on my short list, Neil Young without CSN would be another.

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks EmptyJanuary 20th 2016, 1:35 pm

TheQuig wrote:
theshyguy wrote:

That could be where I saw him. Did he make a few items around his house like tables out of trees, and I seem to remember something special about his two big wooden doors?

Outdoor table made from a tree trunk, old wooden door with large rot iron hinges and a picture of him on a motorcycle I think where all the item he was willing to sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the last couple of weeks   Deaths in the last couple of weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Deaths in the last couple of weeks
Page 1 of 1