Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Gen Titan

Go down 
+2
Ulmus
ggbaird
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 3:42 pm

Nissan Prepared for Long Haul in Truck Business

Plans moving fast for all-new full-size pickup truck

Quote :
"As a full-line manufacturer, Nissan aims to be a player in every part of the truck business," said Pierre Loing, vice president, Product and Advanced Planning and Strategy, Nissan Americas. "Our truck teams in Michigan, Arizona, Tennessee and Mississippi are hard at work on a next generation full-size truck line that will expand Titan's appeal to a broader spectrum of truck buyers, including the all-important skilled trades-buyers. Our new truck will be filled with Nissan innovation and expertise without compromise."

Nissan Titan was the company's first foray into the full-size truck market. Known for its contemporary style, convenience features such as the first in-class lockable bedside storage compartment and roomy King Cab and Crew Cab models, the truck was designed to appeal primarily to personal-use customers. For the next-generation Titan, Nissan's truck team is looking at broadening the product portfolio to reach more personal-use buyers while also appealing to commercial owners and fleets.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-prepared-for-long-haul-in-truck-business?page=2

Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
Ulmus
Admin
Ulmus

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyFebruary 28th 2013, 10:56 pm

Sounds like a long bed, single cab is on the way.
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsramblingsanddaydreams.com/
Diseasel

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 3:58 pm

Hopefully there's a half ton cummins diesel. I found some interesting info on that Cummins/Dept of Energy contract. The first 2.8L 4cyl diesel prototype was built in Oct 2010 and the project is expected to be complete on Sep 2014.

Quote :
Cummins prioritized their goals as:
1). Engine reliability
2). Initial price/affordable diesel engine option
3). Maximizing fuel economy
4). Maximizing Horsepower output
5). Maximizing Torque output.

Cummins hopes to produce an engine that doesn't exceed the current Nissan Titan's gasoline engine weight. DOE fuel economy targets are: 21.8 mpg city and 34.3 mpg highway mileage.

Timing could be just right for a 2015 diesel titan.

I couldn't source the above info as it's still the first week....
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 1st 2013, 4:15 pm

I would bet anything, in the near future, Ram goes with a Fiat sourced diesel for their HD's, and Nissan produces a HD pickup with the 6.7 L Cummins Turbo-Diesel I6, or other updated variation of it.
Back to top Go down
Hilux

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 2nd 2013, 2:38 am

I wish Nissan would get on the ball making a new Frontier , with $4 gas I am thinking my next truck wont be a full size .
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 14th 2013, 7:50 pm

The other site has a new story on the 4 cyl cummins nissan effort. Nothing new really.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 14th 2013, 8:09 pm

Diseasel wrote:
The other site has a new story on the 4 cyl cummins nissan effort. Nothing new really.

Cummins Continue Developing I-4 for Nissan Titan

Quote :
According to this report, the schedule is pretty well set for the new light-duty Cummins to meet the aggressive U.S. Tier 2 Bin 2 emissions standards. From the looks of it (this test model was mated to a ZF eight-speed transmission - the one also on 2013 Ram 1500s), it won't have any problems meeting the half-ton-truck holy grail fuel economy number of 30 mpg highway. Numbers from this DOE report have the engine ratings at 210 horsepower and 385 pounds-feet of torque with a combined fuel economy rating (DOE testing) of 26.1 mpg.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/03/update-3-cummins-feds-continue-developing-i-4-for-nissan-titan.html

Thanks Diseasel
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 15th 2013, 12:14 am

I think the market is(has been) ready for a 4cyl Diesel compact truck.
Heck, I was ready for a Diesel S10 back in '99.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan EmptyMarch 15th 2013, 11:12 am

I think a diesel in a small/midsize truck would be killer. Something in the 150hp and 300ft/lbs of twist. It would need to get 40mpg at 60mph.

I need a full size proven truck to haul my family of 5 plus a 8000 lb boat. Right now that means a V8 from any company but Ford. By the time I purchase, Fords 5.0 and 3.5 turbo will have time to prove themselves. This diesel and the RAM diesel will not be there yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Gen Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Titan   Next Gen Titan Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Gen Titan
Page 1 of 1