Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Friday

Go down 
+4
TheQuig
pup
Scout
Diseasel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 3:29 pm

Any thoughts on how good sales will be this year?

Last year was dismal so this year might be comparable. There was talk last year that most consumers weren't falling for black friday schemed discounts any more. The retailers hope loss-leaders get consumers in the door and encourage more sales. For a few years now consumers have just been buying heavily discounted items. Maybe the black friday extravaganza is just another popped bubble.

I was looking at 4k tvs but decided to wait for the next designs to hit the showrooms after April 2016 or so. The 4k tvs on sale now seem to have issues like poor reviews or less desirable features. And that seems to be the norm for black friday - sell last year's model, poorly reviewed items, or things that aren't moving.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 5:07 pm

Black Friday 12294778_1344606532250810_7344941071016688140_n

I'm not a spelling Nazi by any means but the Friday in that pick bugs me. Its still funny though.  Black Friday 2335134535
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 5:32 pm

I picked up 5 new wheels for the JK thru Discount Tire, I got a combined $160 in rebates coming on top of a 50 dollar wrangerforum discount. With taxes, the wheels rang up to $552 and change, after the discounts and rebates, its down to $342 for all 5.
Black Friday T_20130211.mbmraz.bkmtxx.xl
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 9:04 pm

I picked up 6 - 5.56 Hexmags for $65.09 tax and shipping included. I have 3 already and for the price I buy them instead of PMags. No other shopping today.
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 28th 2015, 5:23 pm

I bought a sony rx100 II camera bundle online at costco. It'll probably be cheaper in a week or two.

I just checked and costco is out of stock - maybe I did ok.

Last edited by Diseasel on November 28th 2015, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 28th 2015, 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Diseasel

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 28th 2015, 5:33 pm

Early estimates are 2015 Black Friday sales were down similar to 2014. Consumers jumped on door busters but little else. In stores sales were down 14%, online was up, but overall sales are down versus last year.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 28th 2015, 9:25 pm

I think they cut and paste that same line every year, and just change the dates.

Sales had to be down here in DFW. It rained nonstop from about 3pm Thursday til about 11am this morning. And the temps hovered around 40. Completely phucking miserable weather.

Our lake level has risen over 7ft so far. Its a decent size lake too, 21,400 acres of surface area.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 12:35 pm

Diseasel wrote:
Early estimates are 2015 Black Friday sales were down similar to 2014. Consumers jumped on door busters but little else. In stores sales were down 14%, online was up, but overall sales are down versus last year.  

Many people simply don't care to participate in this fallacy of our great country now pushed as diversity of every low life mongrel of which comes in spades with black Friday being trampled, assaulted, or killed over cheap foreign goods.

Greatest country in the world? No. Used to be.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 2:06 pm

joemac wrote:
Many people simply don't care to participate in this fallacy

Yup, we quite going several years ago.
Many (most) the items on sale are decontented (electronics) from the regular items anyway.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 2:36 pm

That one guy that swung at the cop looks to have been incapacitated somehow by the time he is being handcuffed. Twisted Evil

But I did seem to notice a commonality between the videos. Only videos of minorities were posted which shows how racist the people posting the videos are.

But seriously, we suck as a society when we fight and steal from kids to get a cheap piece of plastic or a 50" TV when we barely spend enough on our own health. Parents are to blame for creating these monsters. Maggie and I went to Target during the second qtr of the TTU vs UT game here to look at a TV for Hannah. She has an old 12ish inch tv she has in her room so we thought we would get a bigger one we can mount to the wall and create more space in her room bc her room isnt very big. All that was left I was willing to pay for and try to scrounge around for was a 28''. We bought it with no hassle and then went to Kmart buy didnt buy anything. Both places were busy with 100+ ppl in line but everyone was civil when I was there.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 2:39 pm

Those videos remind me of the Roman empire. Keep the people satisfied with gladiator games and have dozens of people die every night for entertainment. All those people videotaping the fights but never helping to stop one, its just entertainment for the American population.
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 3:05 pm

Looks like animals fighting over whats left of carcass. Big difference though, animals do it because of survival. I'm not sure what would make people to act that way. So the conclusion must be animals are more civilized than people.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 7:13 pm

Our kids wanted TVs in their bedrooms but we never let them.

It's a lot harder to enforce nowadays with smart phones.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 9:12 pm

This insanity has been going on for years and it's pretty sad. Still remember being in a Toys-R- Us in Houston when the Cabbage Patch dolls were the hot item. One left and two "ladies" got in knock down, drag down, cussin' that would make a sailor blush fight. No doubt the toy has long been relegated to a landfill by now. Nothing wrong with being a consumer based society but sometimes I think we've reached it's limits. "Pet rocks"? And we no longer produce many if not most of the items found in out retail stores. I don't think this will end well.
Back to top Go down
Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 9:58 pm

rustbucket wrote:
I don't think this will end well.
You will never make POTUS with that attitude mister!
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 10:31 pm

Scout wrote:
Looks like animals fighting over whats left of carcass.  Big difference though,  animals do it because of survival.  I'm not sure what would make people to act that way.  So the conclusion must be animals are more civilized than people.  

Imagine what the situation would be like if the congregation of people were over something serious, like food or water. Most people in the country are totally unaware of the thin vale we teeter on between civility and outright total lawlessness and chaos.

Imagine if the government didn't hand out EBT cards and instead had soup kitchens. From history around the depression I don't remember third world animal behavior being part of soup kitchen lines.

Same can't be said for the situation today. Look at the people we've been bringing into the country for decades, many simply don't share the same moral and ethics that most of traditional America once did. Our country is being slowly and incrementally dismantled from all angles, socially, spiritually, ethically, monetarily.

Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 10:33 am

The horde would rather fight and die over something free, than freedom itself.

It took about 7 minutes after Katrina hit for them to go feral. Imagine that nationwide.

Back to top Go down
theshyguy

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 12:06 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:
Our kids wanted TVs in their bedrooms but we never let them.

It's a lot harder to enforce nowadays with smart phones.

I have taken her tv out of her room before when she didnt act right. Overall she is a really well behaved kid at 8.5 years old. She doesn't watch a lot of tv since she is so involved in piano and ballet. It will mainly just give her more room since we need to get rid of what the curent tv is currently sitting on and get her a bigger chest of drawers since her cloths are getting bigger as she also does.

I didn't have a tv in my room until college. I could still very easily get by with the old tube tv's. I didn't break down and buy my first flat screen until 3 years ago. Still wish I had that $200 back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scout

Scout

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 1:26 pm

Quote :
Our country is being slowly and incrementally dismantled from all angles, socially, spiritually, ethically, monetarily.

We need to fundamentally change our country was no joke by the PUTOS. I'm sure he is well aware of the following quotes.

Quote :
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.

Quote :
The American Republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Quote :
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Friday Empty