HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

UFC 189

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diseasel

PostSubject: UFC 189   July 13th 2015, 6:50 pm

I only read the reports and saw photos. Sounds like there were a couple of great fights. I recorded it with the option of paying for it afterwards. I might need to watch it.

I've noticed the fighters are walking away with more injuries these days. More facial abrasions, split lips, broken noses, and more blood stained canvas. Gotta wonder how long before overseeing agencies, advertisers, and fighters push for increased safety with more glove padding, etc.

For me, MMA from the 1990's was the best. The fights ended sooner and seemed to be less wear, tear, and blood and more submissions. Maybe that's the answer. Just let them fight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 13th 2015, 7:43 pm

I liked the early 1990's MMA the best as I was still competing in judo and Jiu-Jitsu at the time. Now it has almost nothing to do with martial arts but who is a bad ass street fighter. I have been back on the mat a few times in the last 2 months, but I pay the price for days to come. I'm just not in fighting shape any more.

Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 13th 2015, 11:07 pm

I think you're right. It seems to be less of an art these days. Lots of fighters look and act like street thugs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel Dan

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 14th 2015, 9:28 am

Diseasel wrote:
For me, MMA from the 1990's was the best. The fights ended sooner and seemed to be less wear, tear, and blood and more submissions. Maybe that's the answer. Just let them fight!

TheQuig wrote:
Now it has almost nothing to do with martial arts but who is a bad ass street fighter.

Did they loosen the rules since the '90s and allow them to just fight more?
If so the bad ass street fighter is the dominate form then. There are plenty of fighters that have martial arts back grounds. Harder to get a submission when more people are trained to counter a attack/move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 14th 2015, 1:40 pm

While chokes and armbars are still used a lot, it seems to have gravitated to a street brawl in my opinion. The rules have not changed much, but what used to work, mainly the Jiu-Jitsu now has taken a back seat to bass ass brawlers.

pup

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 14th 2015, 3:07 pm

I bet the professionally offended crowd will launch an all out attack on it soon. CNN has been posting their day after fight images showing them beat all to hell.

Any display of testosterone won't be tolerating in this bleeding vagina climate we are living under.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 14th 2015, 9:34 pm

Today there's no head kicks or knees if a knee, hand, or even if a fingertip touches the ground. I think they once allowed groin strikes, pulling or grabbing hair, head strikes anytime, back of head strikes, elbow to head when on the ground, pulling gi overhead, ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   July 15th 2015, 1:55 pm

I liked the early days of the UFC when everything was still raw, and the rules were, were, were, hmm, what were the rules in the early days. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 189   

Back to top Go down

UFC 189
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: