HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

You know when your getting old when........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

PostSubject: You know when your getting old when........   July 2nd 2015, 12:46 am

Tonight the family went to an outdoor concert to see Brian Wilson and Sixto Rodriquiz. I've been listening to Rodriquiiz for a few years since seeing his documentary on Show Time. Good concert Brian Wilson did all the favorite Beach Boys music but I was having trouble hearing the singers with so many musicians playing (12). After we left the concert and I was driving home, my wife said it was pretty cool that Bruce Springsteen came out and played the last 3 songs in end. I never caught it and we weren't far from the stage. So now I guess both my hearing and eyesight are on the decline. How the heck did I miss that?

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   July 2nd 2015, 12:26 pm

I heard memory was the first to go. I can't remember what the second is.

I was riding my motorbike a few years ago and hair was beating around in my eyes. I took my hand to brush back my bangs. NO BANGS. It was my freekin eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   July 2nd 2015, 12:38 pm

Charlie in TX wrote:
I was riding my motorbike a few years ago and hair was beating around in my eyes. I took my hand to brush back my bangs. NO BANGS. It was my freekin eyebrows.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   July 2nd 2015, 1:40 pm

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/2015/07/02/bruce-springsteen-joins-brian-wilson-on-stage-in-holmdel/29603543/

Link to the concert.
It show Bruce doing the two songs. I do remember a guy dressed in black seem to walk on, but I still had no clue it was Bruce.

pup

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   July 2nd 2015, 1:46 pm

It's understandable, Bruce is and always was completely forgettable in every way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diseasel

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   July 3rd 2015, 11:34 am

Wow, amazing Brian Wilson is still able to travel and perform like that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   July 3rd 2015, 1:39 pm

Brian said he was 72. My brother enjoys his concerts and has been to quite a few. My brother told me we had a good night with Brian as he interacted with the audience as opposed to some concerts where he is like a zombie.
All in all it was a nice night out, couldn't ask for better weather, slight breeze and high 70's.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know when your getting old when........   

Back to top Go down

You know when your getting old when........
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: