Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February Pickup Sales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ggbaird

February Pickup Sales Empty
PostSubject: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 6:38 pm

Best Selling Pickup Trucks: February 2015

Quote :
The strong start for pickup truck sales continued through February, despite several strong winter storms in the Midwest and the Northeast. Among the top performers were the Chevrolet Silverado with a 24 percent improvement over 2014 and the Toyota Tacoma. Toyota dealerships are eager to make deals on current models in preparation for a new and improved Tacoma that's slated to arrive before the end of the year.

Ram continues to add to its consecutive month-over-month sales increases, now more than 60 months, while the Ford F-Series remains the top-selling pickup in the country as Ford prepares to overhaul its Kansas City, Mo., F-150 plant. Even though we don't list commercial vans, it's worth noting that Ford is dominating both the full-size and midsize van segments with the Transit and Transit Connect.

At the bottom of the pickup segment, both the Honda Ridgeline and Nissan Titan are aggressively protecting their territory since they each with far fewer sales than this time last year. However, we anticipate that as spring approaches sales for all models will start building incrementally, increasing all pickup truck sales. The big question will be whether these new customers will be looking at old favorites or searching for better deals on something new.

February Pickup Sales Image65

PickupTrucks.com
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 7:32 pm

Will be interesting to follow the Colorado/Canyon run rate as inventory builds and sales stabilize. Current pace is a 108,912 annual rate.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 3rd 2015, 8:25 pm

I firmly believe these new mid-sizers are going to be a huge win for GM. Can't wait to see how the small Duramax turns out later this year.
Back to top Go down
theshyguy

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 19th 2015, 11:29 pm

The Titan and Ridgeline might as well be discontinued. Wow those numbers are LOW!

Wait and see how the F-150's fair now that the new ones are starting to hit the dealer lots. I have seen a few here in Lubbock but they are still pretty scarce.
Back to top Go down
Charlie in TX

Charlie in TX

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 1:30 pm

I am not a midsize buyer so I haven't looked too close, It looks to me like the Colorado/Canyon is priced too close to the Toyota Tacoma. If for just a few $100 more I can get a taco and sell it for near twice as much 5 years later, it is a no brainer. Now obviously we don't know the resale of the C/C but all American manufactures have history of high depreciation. The taco has history of the opposite. I can see with fuel prices so low right now, GM sales will fall short. They will put $10k on the hood to move them. That will start the 'great depreciation'.
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 2:49 pm

Good point, however, if in a few years, used mid-size buyers are looking for a diesel, then the GM twins will be their only option. Until the other manufacturers jump on the diesel bandwagon that is.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 8:47 pm

Charlie in TX wrote:
I am not a midsize buyer so I haven't looked too close, It looks to me like the Colorado/Canyon is priced too close to the Toyota Tacoma.

Since the GM twins and Tacoma are competing for the same customer.  That's obviously logical.

Quote :
If for just a few $100 more I can get a taco and sell it for near twice as much 5 years later, it is a no brainer.

We'd like to see examples of this.  A $30k transaction price of a Tacoma and Colorado.  In five years the Tacoma is worth $15k and the Colorado $7.5k.  What information substantiates this?  Or is it simply alleged?

Quote :
Now obviously we don't know the resale of the C/C but all American manufactures have history of high depreciation. The taco has history of the opposite.

A moment ago the GM's have a history of half, now it's unknown.  Which is it?  

One thing is for certain the Tacoma has never had a competitor like the current GM's.  Previously the Tacoma had the market largely to its own.  Now its a different story.

Quote :
I can see with fuel prices so low right now, GM sales will fall short. They will put $10k on the hood to move them. That will start the 'great depreciation'.

$10k off on a $35k truck, no.  Clairvoyant are we?

The whole "resale" value is a gimmick most have bought into.  Resale is based on the starting price being MSRP.  What should be the actual metric is "net" or "transaction" price, what consumers actually paid for the product originally and what they got for it at trade in.   That represents the actual cash outlay, not some fictitious figure marketed to the uninformed.  Who pays MSRP?  Nobody.  

The reality is that vehicles can have a higher resale, but the owners paid more than owners with lower resale.

People are being sold on "resale", is equivalent to people being sold on "payments", forgoing the actual total paid price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February Pickup Sales   February Pickup Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

February Pickup Sales
Page 1 of 1