Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I got mugged or feel like..................

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheQuig

TheQuig

I got mugged or feel like.................. Empty
PostSubject: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyFebruary 28th 2015, 12:54 pm

I got mugged or feel like I have by 6 classes of 7th graders yesterday. The first 4 classes were good, the last two, a chair and a whip would have been a handy tool Laughing Direct challenge of why should I have to sit in my chair, putting 4 chairs together and laying down and trying to sleep. I knew it would be rough when there was a students desk connected to my desk, but I wouldn't have guessed how rough it would be. The usual stern language and threats of detention did nothing to calm them down. But at the same time I would have the other half of the class good as gold and sat away from the trouble makers.
I finally took control during the last class when I had a trouble maker come over to the classroom phone and I started to dial the principles office when they agreed to calm down.

But on a really good note: I don't know if you remember my oldest son went the the High Tech Marine Academy for math and science? While my wife teaches there we got to go to Hawaii and NASA for robotic competitions. He is now in college for computer engineering.
Anyway, 750 kids tested to get in this month, they take 75 new students per year. My youngest daughter got accepted. All geeks and they love it. No trouble with students, they all worked hard to get there with needing two years of "A's" and take a 200 question test. She will go far due to her strong work ethics. I'm so proud of her! cheers

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyFebruary 28th 2015, 3:39 pm

Sounds like you've got yourself some great kids. You should be proud!
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyFebruary 28th 2015, 3:44 pm

5 Kids, happy the way they all turned out. Thanks

shatto

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyFebruary 28th 2015, 7:55 pm

One day was all it took when I did a similar thing, to decide I never want to teach.
Congratulations on your survival.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyFebruary 28th 2015, 10:00 pm

I like working in the high school the best. There are a few trouble makers, but for the most part they are good. I tell them when they come in that I automatically give them respect and in return expect the same from them. I then explain if I don't get respect it can be a long 90 minutes for them. High school is block teaching, normally 3 classes a day and they come to class every other day. They call the two days Navy and Cardinal (school colors). At first I thought it a little strange, but I now like the schedule.

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyMarch 2nd 2015, 10:27 am

Glad you survived rich and congrats on your daughter
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyMarch 5th 2015, 8:42 am

Good kids is the result of excellent parenting. Kudos to you and your wife . I got mugged or feel like.................. 611298367

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. EmptyMarch 5th 2015, 1:33 pm

Thanks Bambam. Although I have only been doing this for a short while, but listening to my wife, it is not that the schools are broken, it is the federal government sticking their .02 cents where it doesn't belong. Way too much time is spent studying for the test and not enough on the rest of the subject. The new test out that all kids across the country must take is the PARCC test.

Taking this job could have been a bad choice for me. Upon leaving my other government job, I had 2 years to decide if I wanted to stay in the government pension system. After 2 years you automatically were out of it. If you went into another government job, such as a teacher, you had to not work for at least 30 days and notify the pension department. I went 90 days, was told by the district that I could not be on the pension system and applied for my pension in February after learning I can't join their system.
Now the State is saying that I had to sign up for my pension at least 30 days before starting this job. It is possible I can lose my pension over this mixup. I caught the mistake while re-reading the instruction booklet, and tried to cancel my pension payout. It hasn't yet been processed so it will be a while before I find out if I will lose the pension.

PostSubject: Re: I got mugged or feel like..................   I got mugged or feel like.................. Empty

Back to top Go down

I got mugged or feel like..................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: