Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colts/Patriots

Go down 
+6
theshyguy
joemac
pup
TheQuig
Bambam
shatto
10 posters
AuthorMessage
shatto

shatto

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 21st 2015, 3:06 pm

Colts/Patriots Holb_c12699420150121120100

That the Patriots outplayed the Colts doesn't count?
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 21st 2015, 5:28 pm

shatto wrote:
Colts/Patriots Holb_c12699420150121120100

That the Patriots outplayed the Colts doesn't count?

Game wasn't close, deflate-gate is Sleep

Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 21st 2015, 7:44 pm

Patriots were the superior team. However, allowing them to go to the Superbowl is not acceptable. This team and coach has a history of cheating. They could have won without deflating the balls, but they still chose to do a dishonest path.

pup

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 21st 2015, 8:09 pm

They shit on the integrity of the game. And have done it repeatedly now. Time for heads to roll up there. Bellacheat needs to be run out of football for good.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 21st 2015, 8:31 pm

The sport can't hold a candle to it's former being. The league should be ashamed. Too much huffing and puffing, and dance moves after every play. It's even crept into college ball now. At one time such antics and behavior simply wasn't permitted. Now it's acceptable and seriously detracts from the game.
Back to top Go down
pup

pup

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 21st 2015, 8:33 pm

A catch isn't a catch, no such thing as interference and cheating when you don't need to cheat. NFL Playoffs 2015.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 22nd 2015, 12:32 pm

Bottom line for the league is how much money they can rake in.

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 22nd 2015, 4:22 pm

And since they are a non-profit. No taxes. Roughly $10 billion in annual revenue. The real "game" is on the "fans" and the US tax payer.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 22nd 2015, 7:42 pm

I would never have known that if you didn't make that statement. Holy Sh$t !! How can this be? Starting reading articles on this and it has got to end!

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 22nd 2015, 9:37 pm

The fans don't care about them paying taxes and most couldn't care less about deflate-gate. As long as they have their $7 flat beer, $5 hotdog, $40 jersey, they just swipe their card and yell.
Back to top Go down
Yota_fan

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 23rd 2015, 5:39 am

The PGA Tour and NHL are also run as "non-profit" organizations. If you can believe that farce.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 23rd 2015, 12:54 pm

I can't afford to see my NFL team play as tickets are normally $200/seat, $10 beer ( I hardly drink and wouldn't at a game), Cheap Jersey $50, good Jersey $110 at Dicks. I'll watch at home with better seats and I can stand outside and watch the game if I want to feel the elements. The NFL will put themselves out of business once the average middle class can no longer afford to go.
The Jets and Giants play at the same stadium. I could afford a Jet game, but not a Giant game?? WTF?

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 23rd 2015, 4:03 pm

It's disheartening, but the truth, the more and more you look and evaluate how everything works in our economy and country, nothing is what it seems.  Everything, and I mean everything is rigged, corrupted, full of deceit, lies, but presented in a fashion so that not anyone notices, nor any care or questions.

Take the SOTU.  Lies throughout.  

Two years of community college free.  No.  Looked at the proposal, it only pays for 75%.  How about that child care.  It amounts to a tax credit of $500 a year.  That's good for about two weeks of child care. No talk about how it's actually paid for, no free lunch.

An oldie but goody.  47% don't pay taxes.  No incorrect.  Everyone who earns a pay check pays taxes, there's FICA, SS, MC.  Even if a person making a whopping $20k a year gets a refund essentially.  They pay tax at the fuel pump, federal and state.  Own property, your paying county and city taxes.  Spend a dollar at the store, your getting charged state and local tax.  Have a phone bill, your getting taxed by federal, and local.  Have a utility bill, taxes there too.  Ironic the 47% get the blame, as they may bet a refund for most of the federal tax paid, but they sure as hell didn't write the tax code.  The goobers up in DC did that, but we blame the 47% or whoever is convenient at the time the purport the once again false narrative.

Yet the media even Fox plays lap dog, yelling at the top of their lungs terror terror terror.  While every expert and guest they bring on is a director, board member, etc of some private security or private equity company that makes billions promoting endless war.

How about the TPP, it's secret only the companies that are working with the executive branch on writing it get to see it, our representatives don't get to see it, the public doesn't get to see it until we are bound by it.  Get up on the podium and talk about 7383494 months of straight job grow, while the reality in secret is that more jobs are being shipped aboard with the TPP, and big business as usual is the one the benefits.

It's outright fascism.  Check out the indicators of fascism and how they apply currently to our country.  http://iweb.tntech.edu/kosburn/history-202/12_warning_signs_of_fascism.htm
Back to top Go down
toyboxrv

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 23rd 2015, 10:51 pm

Getting off the original topic, but it is not incorrect that the 47% don't pay taxes. My stepson made 18k in 2013 and got an 8k tax "refund". His P/R taxes, SS is FICA BTW, was around $1400. If he paid sales tax on the total amount of income, that would be maybe another $1400, but food isn't taxable. If he bought 1000 gallons of gas in a year that would be almost $400 here. The property tax on the place he rented would maybe be $500 a year. He constantly ran out of minutes on his phone, not much tax there.

So he ends up paying taxes that add up to maybe a third of his "refund", which means he has a subsidy. His GF, mother of his two kids, lived in subsidized housing and got food stamps and of course had no job so no additional taxes paid by her.

I do tax returns for several young "adults" in similar circumstances and they all get more money by filing than they pay the rest of the year and some have even said they thought they would get more. You and I owe them that.

Now we get to subsidize their Obamacare that shouldn't cost them more than their cable bill.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 1:38 am

He earned a pay check, he paid taxes. He nor I nor you made the rules to give him his contribution back. The government the elected representative that spout the 47% stuff like Mittens are the same ones that made the tax rules.

For all the credits and deductions for someone to get back more than they paid in is beyond me. I've never ever been that fortune even when making similar amounts of money comparative to your stepson. Neither was my wife. My 13 year old daughter made just over $700 last year just under the $750 earned income filing limit else she would have had to pay taxes with zero chance of a return.

I'd be real interested to see your stepsons return in how its humanly possible to earn $18k, pay around $800 in federal. SS and MC being the other portion isn't deductible. So around $800 in federal and getting a 1000% of what he paid, back in a return. Please do share.

If he or she bought a gallon of gas they paid. How much do we expect people that are making a killing $18k a year to pay in. All the while Mittens operates with a 13.9% total tax rate on $40 million in annual income has the gal to state such, notice his intent was only to do so in secret among his other donating elite buddies. This is who the tax code benefits. How can Mittens and other like him make so damn much but yet pay so little in. It's the tax code of which they help to design. In Mittens case it's called "carried interest" check out that little scheme. It's perfectly legal. Though you or I or 99.9% of the rest of the country will never get to benefit from that portion of the tax code. That's by design. But yet keep the distraction going and let's get trillions in tax dollars from the 47%. :/

People say that half of America doesn't pay taxes is a flat out lie. They're just greasing the skids to butter you up to put in more taxes on those that do actually earn a little income, but do it slowly and incrementally just enough so you don't complain. Just keep blaming those 47% that are raking in the good life. It's a big psyop is what it is.

Well I'm ready to pay my portion. My next commission check will get walloped about 40% percent by FICA,SS,MC. I got back a big whopping 2.9% of all the federal tax I paid in 2013. I gotta get on the get on the, get back 1000% of what you pay in wagon.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 1:42 am

How screwed up are our priorities when the media wastes air time and segment after segment attempting to push blame and investigate a football not being inflated properly? No wonder our country is so screwed. No one pays attention and communicates about real things that matter.
Back to top Go down
Bambam
Admin
Bambam

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 12:58 pm

joemac wrote:
How screwed up are our priorities when the media wastes air time and segment after segment attempting to push blame and investigate a football not being inflated properly?  No wonder our country is so screwed.  No one pays attention and communicates about real things that matter.

I agree 100%, this is the most pressing news out there, not that its even news ! Oh, well they have been hyping the absolute snot out of the 4 inches of snow we just got, after hearing the reports, i feel my wife and I may perish in our house before we can get out ! ! SEND HELP !

Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 1:09 pm

That's pretty funny.

90% of the country is like. 4" of snow, send help, send money, keep us safe, we couldn't have possibly been responsible for ourselves.

It's too bad there's no way to forecast weather systems in advance and then prepare few necessities and maybe some items that might be beneficial should we lose power for a couple hours. That would sure be nice.
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 2:28 pm

I gave up on football years ago. I'll still watch a game now and then but my enthusiasm has been long gone and you can blame Bud Adams and the Houston Oilers for that. Screwing over the fans at taxpayer expense has its limits.

Two bit politicians cry that they don't have enough money for cops, firefighters, schools, roads and bridges but some billionaire wants a new stadium for his team ... no problem. The voter/taxpayer gets shut completely out of the process in most cases and in places where they still get a say (referendums) the jackasses go ahead and build it anyways even when it's turn down by the voters.

That's the price we pay for a disengaged public. They can tell you who won on American Idol and all about underinflated footballs but ask them about who their governor or senator is, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS scandal, etc., etc, etc. ... they haven't a clue.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 2:57 pm

Gentlemen,
While I like the discussion going on, it is way off of the original post. To continue your discussion please start a new topic or I will have to lock this current one.
Rich

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 3:07 pm

Mittens didn't make the tax code. The dollar amount he paid in taxes was far greater than your gross pay. He did say that we should eliminate many of the tax shelters that help the wealthy. Regardless of what you want to believe 47% did not pay any Federal income tax. Not a flat out lie at all.

My step son claimed two children and head of household which left him with a zero tax. He got 2k for the child credit and the rest from giving him back what little he paid in plus a large earned income credit. He paid maybe 2 - 3k in total taxes, but was given back 8k. Something wrong with our tax laws and it wasn't Mittens who created that.

He needs more opportunity from the economy to be able to make more, but it would have helped if he finished high school. So many whine about their situation when they brought it on themselves.
Back to top Go down
joemac

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 3:59 pm

TheQuig wrote:
Gentlemen,
While I like the discussion going on, it is way off of the original post. To continue your discussion please start a new topic or I will have to lock this current one.
Rich

Wow.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 6:05 pm

I really hated to say that but the OP's post was turning into another post entirely. I really respect you guys and pondered my reply for a while before posting that.
This is a first for me, and I don't want to do that.

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 24th 2015, 11:55 pm

Good job Rich.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
theshyguy

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 25th 2015, 12:09 am

Our threads often go off topic, no issue with a friendly reminder to bring it back.

I don't see how Brady didn't know the ball was under inflated. As often as he throws a ball I feel confident he can feel when a ball is ofd by a few pounds per sq inch. But does it matter? I don't think so but I also don't care since I don't voluntarily support any team.

Is there a rule of what a ball is supposed to be inflated to?
Back to top Go down
ggbaird

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 25th 2015, 9:20 am

NFL regulations says that balls should be inflated to 12.5 to 13.5 psi.
Back to top Go down
https://pickupownersgroup.forumotion.com/
TheQuig

TheQuig

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 25th 2015, 12:57 pm

I'm not a Patriots fan and never have been but I do give Tom Brady the props he deserves. After this last gimmick which as Troy Aikman and John Madden both stated that the quarterback would be the first person to realize or have knowledge of an under inflated ball, Brady has lost some credibility in my eyes. He may be great, but if he is a cheat it takes away from his accomplishments.

joemac

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots EmptyJanuary 28th 2015, 10:58 pm

Media still carrying on about this. This ranks right up there with Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, and Mark McGuire. The public idolizes these people for unknown reasons, and then cry for weeks when they find out truth. People would be better of investing their time into something that mattered. Even scientists are chiming with psychics information discrediting the Patriot camp statements. Talk about this long enough it borders on lunacy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Colts/Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colts/Patriots   Colts/Patriots Empty

Back to top Go down

Colts/Patriots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Around the Keg-O-Rator-
Jump to: