Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deer speed bump

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilux

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 1:41 am

Driving home from work today minding my own business and I hear someone honk on a side street (apparently they must have hit the deer and were warning me )
and I run over the mother of all deer with my 2004 Silverado no body damage as the deer was laying on the ground , I did not even see it when I ran it over so whipped a u turn to make sure it wasn't a person that i ran over or big railroad tie that fell out of a truck , what a relief it was only a deer .
Back to top Go down
Pick-Up Man

Pick-Up Man

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyNovember 22nd 2014, 1:09 pm

I just have to ask...How the heck do you not see a big-ass deer laying in the road?? ...or anything else for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Hilux

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyNovember 22nd 2014, 3:27 pm

Pick-Up Man wrote:
I just have to ask...How the heck do you not see a big-ass deer laying in the road??  ...or anything else for that matter.  

When I heard the car horn I turned my head to the right to look and then ran over the deer .
Back to top Go down
rustbucket

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyNovember 22nd 2014, 5:10 pm

Glad to hear the truck was ok. I've had a few close calls here- last spring one jumped right out in front of me out of some bushes on the side of road in broad daylight. Swerved and nailed the brakes ... just missed it. Between the Fiat and a deer, I know darn well who's going to lose. Drove for the first time today in 7 weeks (doc gave his approval) and hitting a deer is the last thing I need.
Back to top Go down
TheQuig

TheQuig

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyNovember 22nd 2014, 8:49 pm

Some friends from Georgia were staying with us last week and one day went to McGuire AFB to do some shopping at the PX. When they got back, they told me they saw a dead deer on the side of the road that had been outlined and painted with day-glo paint. They wanted to know why would someone paint graffiti on a dead deer. Once they told me where it happened, I knew right away what was going on. In the 1960's a nuclear missile had caught fire and contaminated the entire area. There are signs posted all around the site, and our hunting digest tell everyone not to eat any meat killed in that area and gives the reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOMARC_Missile_Accident_Site

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyDecember 4th 2014, 6:15 am

Did you take any pictures?
Back to top Go down
Hilux

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump EmptyDecember 4th 2014, 4:02 pm

Yota_Fan wrote:
Did you take any pictures?
It was night time so after I seen the other car warning others after hit it I just went home .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deer speed bump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer speed bump   Deer speed bump Empty

Back to top Go down

Deer speed bump
Page 1 of 1